N.M. Highway Commission Sells $177.5M to Refund, Widen 'Hazardous' Road
- New Mexico Legislators Take Issue With Highway Decision. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/25/2001, Vol. 388 Issue 31251, p36
Reports on a threat given to two lawmakers for tightening the restriction on New Mexico highway department spending in the plan to issue revenue bonds for a road improvement project. Approval of the bond sale by the highway commission; Response of state's Legislative Finance Committee on the...
- States plane off excess in RAP specs. Banasiak, David; Sturch, Carolyn // Roads & Bridges;Oct96, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on changes to the RAP specs of state highway departments in the United States. Information on PG graded asphalt; Information on the Arizona Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Hangings in Austin pave the way for Highway Department. Cox, Mike // Graham Leader;10/24/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 20, p10B
The author highlights several crime events and history in Graham, Young County, Texas.
- Virginia judge rules against plan to impose tolls on tunnels. Whistler, Deborah // Fleet Owner Blog;5/ 8/2013, p3
The article details the ruling by a Virginia judge that the state General Assembly exceeded its power when it decided to allow the highway department to impose tolls on two existing tunnels to pay for new tunnel that connects Norfolk and Portsmouth.
- Highway project partnering grows. // Pit & Quarry;Jan95, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the survey conducted by FMI Corp. regarding highway organizations' use of team-building/partnering process. Encouragement of partnering on projects of certain size; Benefits of partnering to project team members.
- Ground is broken for Sunapee garage. // New Hampshire Business Review;12/14/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p40
Reports on the highway garage in Sunapee, New Hampshire that will be a base of operations for the Sunapee Highway Department. Information on the garage; Location of the facility; Contractor for the site.
- Feds cautious over change. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/3/95, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p9
Reports that Oregon's highway director have dropped its affirmative action contract goals on five highway projects. Attorney General Janet Reno's guidance for federal agencies on race and gender-based preference programs; Threat of legal action as the cause of Oregon's action.
- State study update `flawed'. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/9/93, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the ranking of highway departments of different states by the Center for Interdisciplinary Transportation Studies at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte. Comments from several state highway departments; Flaws in the study noted; Quantifiable factors of the ranking.
- The Parkway And the Turnpike. // Business News New Jersey;05/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p12
Editorial. Calls for the creation of one New Jersey highway organization to oversee the Turnpike, the Parkway and the Atlantic City Expressway. Pitfalls of the proposal to have the New Jersey Turnpike Authority assume some financial obligation for the Parkway; Reasons behind the proposed...