Congress Likely to OK Billions in N.Y.C. Private-Activity Debt
- Bond program not renewed by Congress. // Toledo Business Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Congress to reject the renewal of the Recovery Zone Facility Bonds programs.
- BABs, Other Bond Programs at Risk. SCHROEDER, PETER // Bond Buyer;11/4/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33411, p1
The article reports on the possibility of Build America Bond (BAB) program and other schemes not to be renewed when Republicans dominate the U.S. Congress
- Muni Groups Lobby for BQ Boost in Final Highway Bill. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;5/9/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33711, p1
The article reports on the effort of public finance groups to influence the U.S. House and Senate conferees working on a long-term highway bill to allow to increase the limit for bank-qualified bonds.
- Delaware Senate OKs Tax Hikes, $120 Million for Bond Bill. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p37
In two moves that bring some relief to the financially-pressed state, the Delaware Senate on June 19, 2003 passed all the tax increases already approved by the U.S. House, a measure that will generate nearly $145 million, and approved the addition of $120 million to the 2004 bond authorization...
- The Financing Corporation, government-sponsored enterprises, and moral hazard. Leggett, Keith J.; Strand, Robert W. // CATO Journal;Fall97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p179
Reports that the United States Congress established the Financing Corporation (FICO) in 1987 to finance a recapitalization of Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation (FSLIC), which became insolvent. Background information on FICO; Amount of bonds issued by FICO to replenish FSLIC;...
- CONGRESS CONSIDERS U.N. BOND PURCHASE. // Congressional Digest;Mar1962, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p75
Focuses on the plan of the U.S. Congress to buy United Nations bonds. Opposition measures; Price of the bond purchase.
- Should Congress Approve The President Proposal For United States Purchase Of United Nations Bonds? PRO. Rusk, Dean // Congressional Digest;Mar1962, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p76
Focuses on whether the U.S. Congress should approve the purchase of United Nations bonds. Financial crisis in U.N.; Questions on foreign policy of the U.S.
- GO Zone Act Wraps Up Successfully. Sigo, Shelly; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/29/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33640, p1
The article reports on the expiration of the one-year extensions of the Gulf Opportunity Zone Act on December 31, 2011, which will end the six-year period given by the U.S. Congress to issue more than 15 billion dollars of so-called Go Zone bonds.
- Senate OKs Highway Bill As Focus Shifts to House. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/15/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33680, p4
The article reports on the approval of the highway reauthorization bill worth 109 billion dollars by the U.S. Congress House that helps in increasing the limits of the bank-qualified bonds from 10 million dollars to 30 million dollars.