Puerto Rico Public Finance Corp. Readies $1B Uninsured Offering
- Puerto Rico Hits Market Again With $1 Billion Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p35
Reports on plans of Morgan Stanley & Co. to offer billion dollar of bonds on behalf of Puerto Rico Public Finance Corp. as of December 17, 2001. Ratings received by bonds from Moody's and Standard & Poor's Corp.; Features of bonds; Other bond deals to be offered by several companies.
- Trading Robust With Active Secondary. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;12/8/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33629, p2
The article reports on the well-priced issuance of revenue bonds in the U.S. It notes that these revenue bonds have boosted the trading in the municipal market where high grades were traded actively. It mentions that the largest bond deals in the negotiated market is Barclays Capital Inc. which...
- Puerto Rico Shone in June, Eben With a Flood of Supply. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p6
Reports on the performance of bonds sold in Puerto Rico in June 2004. Amount of municipal bonds sold; Spread on general obligation bonds yields; Rate of return of Puerto Rico bonds in the Lehman Brothers municipal bond index; Performance of bonds sold by the Puerto Rico Public Finance Corp.
- Puerto Rico PFC Payment Quite Possible, MMA Says. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;7/20/2015, p33
The article focuses on a remark from Municipal Market Analytics (MMA) professionals on the possibility for the Puerto Rico Public Finance Corp. (PRPFC) to settle its debt service payments set on August 1, 2015. It mentions the previous failure of the public entity to make its 94 million-dollar...
- Puerto Rico PFC Default Credit Negative for Exposed Insurers: Moody's. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;8/10/2015, p1
The default by the Puerto Rico Public Finance Corporation is a credit negative for bond insurers MBIA Inc. and Assured Guaranty, who each have approximately $5 billion of exposure to the commonwealth, according to a report issued by Moody's Investors Service.
- Puerto Rico PFC Downgraded to D by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;8/4/2015, p7
The article reports on the downgrade of Puerto Rico Public Finance Corporation bond series 2011A, 2011B and 2012 2A bonds from CC to D by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on August 3, 2015. Topics discussed include payment default on the bonds as of close of business on August 3, partial...
- Puerto Rico Public Finance Corp. Defaults on 99% of Its Payment. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;8/3/2015, p1
The PRPFC is paying about $628,000 in interest, according to Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico president Melba Acosta Febo. About $58 million in principal and interest is due Monday.
- GDB to exchange $700 million in Cofina bonds for PFC bonds. Márquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;5/22/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico (GDB) to exchange $700 million in Cofina bonds for the current Public Finance Corp. (PFC) debt in Puerto Rico. The transaction will produce additional liquidity for the funds through substituting the PFC bonds...
- Insurers Open a Legal Can of Worms for Puerto Rico. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34441, p1
Assured Guaranty Ltd. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. filed a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Puerto Rico's revenue clawback strategy, fanning concern that a long, messy process lies ahead as the commonwealth seeks to restructure about $70 billion of public bond debt.