Synthesis and in-vitro antibacterial activity of some bis-5-(thiophen-2-yl)-carbothioamide-pyrazoline derivatives
- Antibacterial Efficacy of Dihydroxylated Chalcones in Binary and Ternary Combinations with Nalidixic Acid and Nalidix Acid-Rutin Against Escherichia coli ATCC 25 922. Talia, Juan; Tonn, Carlos; Debattista, Nora; Pappano, Nora // Indian Journal of Microbiology;Dec2012, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p638
In order to determine the existence of synergism, the bacteriostatic action of flavonoids against Escherichia coli ATCC 25 922 between dihydroxylated chalcones and a clinically interesting conventional antibiotic, binary combinations of 2′,3-dihydroxychalcone, 2′,4-dihydroxychalcone and...
- Susceptibility of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia to Moxifloxacin, Trovafloxacin, Ofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin. Hawley, H.B.; Polenakovik, H.M.; Czachor, J.S.; Mueller, S.S. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p214
Examines the in vitro susceptibility of clinical isolates of Gram-negative bacterium Stenotrophomonas maltophilia to newer quinolones. Materials and methods; Results.
- Impact of Fluoroquinolone Administration on the Emergence of Fluoroquinolone-Resistant Gram-Negative Bacilli from Grastrointestinal Flora. Richard, Pascale; Delangle, Marie Helene; Raffi, Francois; Espaze, Eric; Richet, Herve // Clinical Infectious Diseases;1/01/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p162
Discusses a study which assessed the risk factors for acquisition of fluoroquinolone-resistant, gram-negative organisms in the gastrointestinal tract of hospitalized patients. Use of fluoroquinolone for the treatment of infections; Methods used; Analysis of risk factors for colonization with...
- BIOLOGICAL EVALUATION OF NOVEL INDOLYL ISOXAZOLINE DERIVATIVES AS ANTIBACTERIAL AGENT. Khadke, A. P.; Patil, A. M.; Jain, B. B. // Advances in Pharmacology & Toxicology;Apr2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p41
A novel series of indolyl isoxazolines possessing analgesic and antiinflammatory effect were screened for antibacterial activity by using cup plate method and minimum inhibitory concentration using two fold serial dilution method. The screening results of the synthesized compounds indicated that...
- Prevalence of Ciprofloxacin Resistance Among Gram-Negative Bacilli at a Specialist Hospital in Saudi Arabia. Ahmad, Shamweel // Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science;Oct2012, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p317
Background: Resistance to antimicrobials of different structural classes including fluoroquinolones has arisen in a multitude of bacterial species both in the community and the hospitals. This may complicate the therapeutic management of infections. Decreased susceptibility to fluoroquinolones...
- Synthesis, in Vitro Antimycobacterial and Antibacterial Evaluation of IMB-070593 Derivatives Containing a Substituted Benzyloxime Moiety. Zengquan Wei; Jian Wang; Mingliang Liu; Sujie Li; Lanying Sun; Huiyuan Guo; Bin Wang; Yu Lu // Molecules;Apr2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3872
A series of novel IMB-070593 derivatives containing a substituted benzyloxime moiety and displaying a remarkable improvement in lipophilicity were synthesized and evaluated for their in vitro antimycobacterial and antibacterial activity. Our results reveal that the target compounds 19a-m have...
- Comparative studies on antimicrobial properties of extracts of fresh and dried leaves of Carica papaya (L) on clinical bacterial and fungal isolates. Alabi, Okunola A.; Haruna, Muyideen T.; Anokwuru, Chinedu P.; Jegede, Tomisin; Abia, Harrison; Okegbe, Victor U.; Esan, Babatunde E. // Advances in Applied Science Research;Oct2012, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p3107
The efficacy of treatments with C. papaya is dependent on the quantity of the different chemical substances present in the preparation. The quantity of chemical substances varies in the fruit, latex, leaves, and roots and varies with the extraction method, age of the plant part, and the cultivar...
- Comparative Activity of 7 Quinolones Against Non-Glucose Fermenting Gram-Negative Bacilli Isolated from Cancer Patients. Balakrishnan, M.; Mago, H.; LeBlanc, B.; Rolston, K.V.I. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p190
Evaluates the in vitro activity of seven quinolones against non-glucose fermenting Gram-negative bacilli isolated from clinical specimens of cancer patients. Materials and methods; Results.
- Clinafloxacin Antibacterial Activity. Ednie, L.M.; Jacobs, M.R.; Appelbaum, P.C. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p217
Characterizes the in vitro activity of clinafloxacin compared with other quinolones. Results of MIC testing of several ciprofloxacin-susceptible and -resistant strains; Gram-negative nonfermenters that were generally resistant to quinolones.