Synthesis and in-vitro antibacterial activity of some bis-5-(thiophen-2-yl)-carbothioamide-pyrazoline derivatives
- Antibacterial Efficacy of Dihydroxylated Chalcones in Binary and Ternary Combinations with Nalidixic Acid and Nalidix Acid-Rutin Against Escherichia coli ATCC 25 922. Talia, Juan; Tonn, Carlos; Debattista, Nora; Pappano, Nora // Indian Journal of Microbiology;Dec2012, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p638
In order to determine the existence of synergism, the bacteriostatic action of flavonoids against Escherichia coli ATCC 25 922 between dihydroxylated chalcones and a clinically interesting conventional antibiotic, binary combinations of 2â€²,3-dihydroxychalcone, 2â€²,4-dihydroxychalcone...
- Susceptibility of Stenotrophomonas maltophilia to Moxifloxacin, Trovafloxacin, Ofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin. Hawley, H.B.; Polenakovik, H.M.; Czachor, J.S.; Mueller, S.S. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p214
Examines the in vitro susceptibility of clinical isolates of Gram-negative bacterium Stenotrophomonas maltophilia to newer quinolones. Materials and methods; Results.
- BIOLOGICAL EVALUATION OF NOVEL INDOLYL ISOXAZOLINE DERIVATIVES AS ANTIBACTERIAL AGENT. Khadke, A. P.; Patil, A. M.; Jain, B. B. // Advances in Pharmacology & Toxicology;Apr2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p41
A novel series of indolyl isoxazolines possessing analgesic and antiinflammatory effect were screened for antibacterial activity by using cup plate method and minimum inhibitory concentration using two fold serial dilution method. The screening results of the synthesized compounds indicated that...
- Comparative Activity of 7 Quinolones Against Non-Glucose Fermenting Gram-Negative Bacilli Isolated from Cancer Patients. Balakrishnan, M.; Mago, H.; LeBlanc, B.; Rolston, K.V.I. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p190
Evaluates the in vitro activity of seven quinolones against non-glucose fermenting Gram-negative bacilli isolated from clinical specimens of cancer patients. Materials and methods; Results.
- Clinafloxacin Antibacterial Activity. Ednie, L.M.; Jacobs, M.R.; Appelbaum, P.C. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p217
Characterizes the in vitro activity of clinafloxacin compared with other quinolones. Results of MIC testing of several ciprofloxacin-susceptible and -resistant strains; Gram-negative nonfermenters that were generally resistant to quinolones.
- Comparative In Vitro Activity of Grepafloxacin Against Selected Mutants and Clinical Isolates. Soussy, C.J.; Leblanc, F. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p138
Evaluates the in vitro activity of grepafloxacin by agar dilution against quinolone-resistant mutants of Gram-negative bacilli and Enterococcus faecalis and their parent strains. Results; Discussion.
- Effect of Quinolones on Intestinal Ecology. Edlund, C.; Nord, C.E. // Drugs;Dec1999 Supplement 2, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p65
Quinolones have a selective effect on the normal human intestinal microflora. Published data on 13 different quinolone agents [ciprofloxacin, enoxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin, pefloxacin, lomefloxacin, levofloxacin, sparfloxacin, rufloxacin, sitafloxacin (DU-6859a), gatifloxacin, trovafloxacin...
- Bacterial Flora from Healthy Clarias Gariepinus and their Antimicrobial Resistance Pattern. Efuntoye, M. O.; Olurin, K. B.; Jegede, G. C. // Advance Journal of Food Science & Technology;May2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p121
The antibiotic resistance of bacteria isolated from Clarias gariepinus from 3 farms in Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria was investigated. Morphological and biochemical characteristics of isolates revealed that majority of the bacteria belonged to the family Enterobacteriaceae. Staphylococcus aureus and...
- Impact of Fluoroquinolone Administration on the Emergence of Fluoroquinolone-Resistant Gram-Negative Bacilli from Grastrointestinal Flora. Richard, Pascale; Delangle, Marie Helene; Raffi, Francois; Espaze, Eric; Richet, Herve // Clinical Infectious Diseases;1/1/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p162
Discusses a study which assessed the risk factors for acquisition of fluoroquinolone-resistant, gram-negative organisms in the gastrointestinal tract of hospitalized patients. Use of fluoroquinolone for the treatment of infections; Methods used; Analysis of risk factors for colonization with...