The leisure principle
- `Firms want too much from NVQs.' // People Management;4/6/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p20
Stresses the need for national vocational qualifications (NVQs) in programs for staff development training in Great Britain. Use of qualifications as element for learning; Creation of a national system for training; Emphasis on the link between understanding and practical skills.
- TUI resort reps set to trial NVQ programme. Perrett, Michelle // Travel Weekly (UK);8/22/2008, p8
The article reports on the plan of Thomson and First Choice Holidays to train resort staff for a nationally recognized qualification in customer service in Great Britain. A trial of National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) training in Customer Service Level 2 will be participated by more than 350...
- Plant code to fill NVQ training gap. Howard, Paul // Contract Journal;3/27/2002, Vol. 412 Issue 6370, p4
Reports on the voluntary code of practice for training in a construction mobile plant and equipment from the National Plant Operator's Registration Scheme (NPORS) in Britain. Description of the scheme; Reservation expressed by NPORS chairman Chris Jones; Doubt of Jones on the National...
- Training trends. Baker, Paddy // Works Management;Aug2001, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p26
Presents the annual training of employees survey results in Great Britain. Views on the national vocational qualifications; Development of technology and engineering at schools; Evaluation and ranking of most used method of training by companies.
- Companies warm to NVQs as passes double in number. // Professional Engineering;6/24/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the increase of people taking and passing the National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) in engineering in the light of economic downturn in Great Britain. In 2009, the number of people who have taken and passed engineering NVQs has more than doubled. More companies are now...
- Training policy. // People Management;10/19/95, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p10
Presents various news and information on training policies for employees in the business industry of Great Britain. Evaluation request on national vocational qualifications (NVQ) to employers; Expectations of Gillian Shephard, education and employment secretary on Further Education Development...
- GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING MEASURES. // Labour Market Trends;May2004 Supplement, Vol. 112, pS102
Presents a chart on numbers in-learning on Learning and Skills Council funded Work-based learning for young people provision in England as of May 2004. Data on advanced modern apprenticeships; Foundation modern apprenticeships; National vocational qualifications training.
- Wincanton sets the benchmark on Driver CPC training policy. // Truck & Driver;Mar2009, p12
The article reports on the efforts of Wincanton PLC to meet the requirements of the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence scheme in Great Britain. It indicates that the company is offering National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) up to level three in Driving Goods Vehicles and Carrying &...
- IN BRIEF. // Training Magazine;Nov2003, p4
Presents news briefs related to skills training in Great Britain as of November 2003. Development of an NVQ and an SVQ in mine clearance techniques by the skills council of the Science, Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies Alliance; Creation of a series of Learning Circuits at the main...