A clean start
- Professional Employer Organizations. Jarrett, James E. // Texas Business Review;Jun2000, p4
Features the professional employer organizations (PEO) market in Texas. Employee leasing services offered by PEO companies; Role of PEO in personnel management; Evolution of the PEO industry; Growth of the industry in the state since 1994; Industry outlook.
- RENT-A-WORKER. // Management Review;Sep87, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the emergence of employee leasing in the U.S. Increase of governmental regulations and in insurance rates; Increasing popularity of employee leasing; Advantages and disadvantages.
- Employee Leasing Breeds Liability Questions. Reitz, Diana // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p12
Discusses the risks involved in the growth of alternative work arrangement and the rise of employee-leasing companies. List of alternative employment arrangements; Factors that led to the growth in alternative employment relationships; Aspects of managing alternative employment risks; Questions...
- PEOs Can Save Time, Money For Employers. Jones-Rikkers, Catherine // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/19/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p28
Provides information on the human resource services offered by professional employer organizations (PEO) to small- and medium-sized enterprises. Problems encountered by employers with regard to human resource management; Growth of PEO business service in the U.S.; Benefits from utilizing a PEO;...
- Brenda Marrero Provides a Perfect Fit. Durand, Augusto // Caribbean Business;9/8/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 35, pS5
Focuses on the operations of the company Brenda Marrero & Associates Inc. Provision of specialized personnel employment services; Administration of critical human resources responsibilities; Services offered by the company's professional leasing division.
- The labor pool. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/29/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 31, p1B
Reports on the growing popularity of professional employer organizations (PEO) among small businesses in New York. Services offered; Advantages of hiring PEO in solving employee benefit problems.
- DEVELOPING METRICS FOR INCREASING GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING PERSONNEL. Graham, Robert // Contract Management;Dec2007, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p40
The author reflects on the need of more contracting personnel for the U.S. government. He argues that before the state has to declare any backlog of its work due to its lack of human resources, they must have to establish a variable metric that shows its necessity to add resources. The author...
- Make being an employer easier with a PEO. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/28/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p16
The article provides information on the benefits of incorporating Professional Employer Organizations (PEO) in businesses in Hudson Valley, New York. The author stated that PEO is a human resource management system specifically designed for small and medium-sized employers. In addition, PEOs...
- Live-in accommodation. Dias, Katee // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/5/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4530, p46
The article presents advices on employee accommodation in a British hospitality company. It notes that, in providing accommodation for employees, employer must determine first whether it is essential, and of genuine material assistance, for employee to live in the property. It states that in...