- Continental divide. Oxtoby, Kathy // Community Care;3/19/2009, Issue 1762, p22
The article offers information on the role of social pedagogy and its practice in Great Britain. Social pedagogy is a system of theory, practice and training that supports the development of the child and looks at all aspects of the life skills of children. In Great Britain, social pedagogues in...
- BT to recruit 1,000 engineers. // Electronics Weekly;3/13/2013, Issue 2540, p3
The article reports on the plan of telecommunication company British Telecommunications PLC (BT) to recruit more than 1,000 engineering jobs in its Openreach business.
- Advance NVQs slow to take off. Littlefield, David // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p13
Reports the small number of people from Great Britain interested in studying for the advance level five of the national vocational qualifications (NVQ). Uncertainty of an advance level NVQ for accountants; Problem of testing knowledge in the NVQ.
- Promoting equality and diversity. // Credit Management;Mar2010, p39
The article offers information on the results of the National Employer Skills Survey by the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) regarding the significance of vocational qualifications in the retention and promotion of employees in Great Britain.
- Competence and the British national vocational qualifications framework. Clymo, Philippa // Youth Studies Australia;Mar1996, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p56
Presents an abstract of the article `Competence and the British National Vocational Qualifications framework,' which appeared in the `British Journal of Education and Work.'
- Viewpoint... Transparency in skills system. Davis, Michael // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p9
The article presents the author's comments on skills and employment systems in Great Britain.
- SEMTA alarm as NVQs decline. // Process Engineering;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p50
The article reports that the number of National/Scottish Vocational Qualification (N/SVQ) registrations in Great Britain fell 2 percent in the third quarter of 2011 as compared to the third quarter in 2010.
- Accrediting unpaid work. Tiernan, Kathy // Adults Learning;Jan95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p150
Focuses on the issues concerning accreditation of unpaid work in Great Britain. Step in widening the definition of what unpaid work in the home can include; Voluntary qualifications; Reference to single element from the RSA Advanced Diploma in the Organisation of Community Groups; Cultural...
- Coaching in engineering. Wyles, Gary // Plant & Works Engineering;Jun2013, Issue 374, p52
The article reports on the challenge faces by engineering organisations related to recruitment in Great Britain in 2013. It says that more organisations, particularly engineering, expressed concerns on the ageing workforce and the lack of qualified graduates in the country. It notes the...