Outsourcing's strategic benefits beat cash gains
- Hire learning. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;5/28/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p53
Previews the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) `Recruiting Capability' conference and associated exhibition on June 2-3, 1998 in London, England. Features of the Internet services to be showcased at the event; Guide on employment law to be launched by the IPD; Other highlights of the...
- Recruitment. // People Management;4/30/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p14
Provides an update on recruitment campaigns launched by companies in Great Britain. Number of staff to be recruited by British Airways; Results of a survey conducted by the Freelance Centre; Account on the research conducted by InterWork, an Internet-based recruitment service.
- From B.A. to BA. Casserly, J.W. // Travel Agent;10/24/94, Vol. 273 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the plan of British Airways PLC (BA) to launch a sales development program that will give college graduates in the United States entry into the business world. Contract; Recruitment; BA's Call on agencies.
- Cabin crew strikes 'marring BA's recruitment potential.'. Johnson, Branwell // Marketing Week;5/27/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p5
The article reports that the dispute between British Airways and its striking cabin crew is having a negative effect on people's desire to work for the airline, according to the 2010 YouGov's BrandIndex ratings.
- Engaging exchanges. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;4/30/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p55
Announces the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) Recruiting Capability conference on June 2-3, 1998 at the Novotel Hammersmith Hotel in London, England. Resource speakers of the conference; Topics which be discussed at the conference.
- NEWS FROM THE WEB. // People Management;1/28/2010, p8
The article presents news found on "People Management" magazine's Web site including the recruitment of volunteers by British Airways to minimize disruption caused by a possible strike by cabin crews, a study by the Work Foundation which shows that a target-driven approach to leadership is...
- Recruitment. // People Management;01/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p12
Presents updates on employee recruitment in Great Britain as of January 2000. Institute of Personnel and Development's survey on employee turnover; Reasons behind the move of British Airways to halt recruitment.
- BA still lacking crew for First. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/24/2003, Issue 2591, p4
Reports on the continuation in the downgrade of first class passenger service by British Airways PLC in Great Britain. Shortage in the staff of the airline; Failure of the airline to recruit the needed staff.
- Wel.com aboard. Merrick, Neil // People Management;5/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on how British Airways PLC and BBC established their own employee recruitment Web sites. Details on the launching of the site; Advantage of setting up a discrete site covering a full range of occupations; Information on BBC Online. INSETS: Previous applicants need not apply;Cruising at...