HR failing to capitalise on technology
- Computer rage grows as millions misspent on IT. Welch, Jilly // People Management;06/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p16
Reports the findings of a survey conducted by the Institute of Personnel and Development and the Institute for Employment Studies (IES) on personnel management computer softwares in Great Britain. Comments from Dilys Robinson, a research fellow at IES; Views of Peter Cullum, managing director...
- WATCH YOUR STEP. Jarvis, Jessica; Robinson, Dilys // People Management;10/27/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p30
The article highlights some important issues that are impeding the progress of some human resource (HR) practitioners. Popular misconceptions about the HR profession were tackled by the new research of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). The opinions of more than 1,800...
- Should Europe be allowed to dictate working hours? // Human Resources (09648380);Dec2008, p8
The article presents the comments of several executives on whether Europe should be allowed to fix working hours of employees. Recently, The European Social Affairs Committee decided that no employee should be allowed to work more than 48 hours per week. According to Nigel Meager, Director,...
- IPD training expands in response to skills drive. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p55
Presents the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) Training in developing training courses for human resource management. Key areas that comprises the IPD Training; IPDs activities.
- Effective management. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p61
Reports on the Institute of Personnel and Development's release of a practical program on developing management skills.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;05/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p64
Presents news briefs related to the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Conference and exhibition of the Northamptonshire branch; Conference on bullying in the workplace; Conference of the IPD in Ireland.
- A strategy where people make all the difference. Stevens, John // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p60
Explains how the Institute of Personnel and Development's (IPD) position paper `People make the difference' can help the need for a forward-looking strategy for managing and developing people. Issues described by the institute's consultative document called `Managing people--the changing...
- Don't forget your laptop. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;10/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p77
Features the exhibitors at the Harrogate 1997 national exhibition of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) in Great Britain. Highlights of the exhibition; Technological innovations provided by the exhibitors; Role of the innovations to employee development and personnel management...
- Institute News. // People Management;9/17/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p63
Presents news briefs relating to the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Approval given by Great Britain's Qualifications and Curriculum Authority; Course offered by IPD for human resource professionals; Publication released by the institute.