Pay and benefits
- Compensation & Recruitment. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 120, p26
Presents news briefs related to personnel management in the United States, as of January 2000. Includes results of a wage survey conducted by Buck Consultants on `Fortune 1000' companies; Findings of a survey conducted by Towers Perrin on the performance of companies in their efforts to align...
- Intelligent Fleet uses salary sacrifice in contract hire. Golding, Nick // Employee Benefits;Jan2008, p11
The article reports on how the employees of several companies in Great Britain can avail the intelligent fleet. This state-of-the-art and environment-friendly vehicle can be acquired by employees through salary sacrifice. In acquiring the vehicle, the employee can avail through online at...
- Satisfy them with more than money. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce (10928332);Nov98, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p40
Provides information on benefits that boost the commitment of employees in the United States. Compensations rate of employees; Importance of recognitions.
- LOOKING BEYOND WORK. Barrett, Sam // Employee Benefits;Mar2006, p58
The article focuses on the extension of benefits to retired workers in Great Britain. In most organizations, once an employee leaves the payroll they also lose their entitlement to the company's benefit package. Extension of benefits beyond the current workforce is costly and even prohibitively...
- The money investment in people. Wilkinson, Roderick // Management Services;Feb1976, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p44
Discusses the need for companies to invest money for the welfare of their employees. Determination of where the true costs lie and where profits come from; Business objective in having an apprentice training program; Benefits of having apprentices working on profit-centered, base-hour work.
- Staff perks offered for `Y2K Weekend'. // Employee Benefit News;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p24
Reports on the incentives for employees that will be onsite, available and on-call between December 31, 1999 and January 2, 2000 in the United States. Percentage of extra pay for the employees; Other benefits aside from additional pay.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;9/2/2010, p7
This section offers news briefs related to people management in Great Britain as of September 2010 including the plan of Poundland to offer approximately 2,000 jobs, the impact of management behavior on employees who report for work after sick leave, and the move made by Kraft Foods Inc. to...
- Pay and Compensation in family-owned businesses. Sheehy, Jason // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2005, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p76
The article presents the author's views on making the family-owned businesses successful. According to the author, a well structured compensation system may be a strong concern for the succession of a family-owned business. Remuneration is considered a sensitive topic in most of the...
- Take Care of People. McKinley, Michael // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
Discusses the factors that might maximize an employee's personal performance. Competitive pay and flexible benefits; Appreciation by co-workers and supervisors for contribution.