Pay commissioners seek permanent watchdog role
- New director code to put HR in spotlight. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;8/5/2003, p6
The corporate governance code, which is designed to improve the performance of company boards and directors that serve on them, presents a huge opportunity for HR to increase its influence. This is the view of Geoff Armstrong, director general of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...
- ARMSTRONG AWARDED FOR HR CONTRIBUTION. // People Management;5/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p9
The article announces that Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) director-general Geoff Armstrong has been presented with a gold medal for his outstanding contribution to the organisation.
- Learning to be different. Manocha, Rima // People Management;4/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p13
Presents the views of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development director-general Geoff Armstrong, on learning, training and development in human resources. Factor that differentiates firms from their competitors; Contributions of learning in organizations; Recommended approach which...
- Federal Minimum Hourly Wage Rates Since 1950. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p150
No abstract available.
- The art of killing with kindness. Collins, Jerry // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/12/94, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p25
States that the British Columbia official minimum wage will surpass Ontario's nation-leading base rate of $6.70 an hour and leave Alberta's $5 rate in the dust. British Columbia's Labor Minister's claim that the legislation is a matter of fairness; What many economists and businessmen say...
- Most pan wage hike idea. Harrison, Kimberly P.; Mooney, Barbara // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/30/95, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the Cleveland-area businesses' dissatisfaction with United States President Bill Clinton's proposal for an increase in minimum wage. Effects of wage increases on small businesses; Upward pressure on wage rates overall.
- The minimum wage. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p13
Presents minimum wage trends in the United States as of May 1996. Federal minimum and real wage rates; Minimum wage workers by age; Minimum wage workers by sex and marital status; Indications of a reduction in employment with a hike in the minimum wage; Positive and negative effects of the...
- Minimum wages, maximum confusion. Sowell, Thomas // Headway;Jun96, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p20
Comments on the attitudes of the Democrats and Republicans on the minimum wage issue in the United States. Confusions on the concept of the minimum wage; Desire of labor unions to increase the minimum wage.
- Minimum wage, maximum folly. Faris, Jack // Las Vegas Business Press;3/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p5
Comments on the proposed increase in the minimum wage in the U.S. Revival of the economy; Laws on supply and demand; Imposition of politically-motivated government mandate.