London borough to create tier of `super-councillors.'
- Breakin's Up Is Hard To Do. Maggs, John // National Journal;6/12/99, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1608
Focuses on Staten Island borough in New York since it failed to secede from New York city in 1993. View of residents on the borough; Breakdown of minority population in the area; Background of secession movements.
- Lib Dems take over power in Islington. // Public Finance;01/14/2000, p15
Reports that the Liberal Democrats have won overall control of the London Borough of Islington, a former council of the Labour Party in Great Britain.
- Tech test for plan sanction. ROY, SUBHAJOY // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);8/20/2015, p17
The article offers information on the online applications accepted by a borough of the Calcutta, India Municipal Corp. for sanction of building plans, setting the stage for the rest of the city to adopt the system by 2016 and minimizes the scope for unfair assessment and corruption.
- Local and aesthetic? Mullen, John // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the adoption of a corporate management structure at the local authority of the London Borough of Hackney in England. Optimism expressed by executive director Joe Duckworth; Development of corporate management in the local councils; Transformation of the human resources function;...
- Brooklyn? A bridge too far. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;08/23/99, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p9
Focuses Brooklyn borough President Howard Golden's disappointment over New York City, New York government's inaction to help make the borough an alternative destination for office tenants in Manhattan. Golden's comments on the mayor's administration; Golden's possession of a list of developable...
- The City Nobody Knows. Burton, Hal // Saturday Evening Post;8/2/1952, Vol. 225 Issue 5, p36
The article provides information about the borough of Queens, New York City, which is one of the less popular metropolis in the U.S. Queens is the seventh populous county of the state of New York with over 1,550,849 residents. It is the site of the Idlewild International Airport and La Guardia...
- Ignored Brooklyn gets down to business. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p36
Reports on the efforts of corporate executives and academics to attract companies to the borough of Brooklyn in New York, New York. Formation of the Downtown Brooklyn Council to spruce up the borough's image; Plans of hiring public relations firm; Coordination with developers and government...
- Council defies Cabe advice over Epsom development. Bloomfield, Ruth // Building Design;4/30/2010, Issue 1914, p4
The article reports on the move by the Epson and Ewell Borough Council to reject the proposal for the mixed-use redevelopment for shops, hotel and homes in England.
- Bridgend Council tenders for graphics framework. Montgomery, Angus // Design Week (Online Edition);6/24/2013, p6
The article announces that the Bridgend County Borough Council in South Wales is searching for a graphic design framework until July 29, 2013.