A CONFIGURAL THEORY OF TEAM PROCESSES: ACCOUNTING FOR THE STRUCTURE OF TASKWORK AND TEAMWORK
- EXTRINSIC AND INTRINSIC ORIGINS OF PERCEIVED SOCIAL LOAFING IN ORGANIZATIONS. George, Jennifer M. // Academy of Management Journal;Mar1992, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p191
It was hypothesized and found that task visibility and intrinsic task involvement would each be negatively associated with "social loafing" in an ongoing organization. Individuals engaged in social loafing put forth low effort when performing work in groups. Intrinsic involvement was not a...
- Team building: Creating a force that survives the tide. Jones, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/8/2004, Issue 323306, p5
Discusses the applications of task-mapping, an approach to team-building in the workplace. Break-down of tasks into specific functions and individual work assignments; Definition of tasks and responsible persons to do the job; Use of the approach to track task status and evaluate contributions...
- 3 ways to keep team members on track. // Communication Briefings;Oct2012, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p2
The article offers tips on how to keep track of team members, adapted from the article "5 Ways to Foster Great Communication With Your Team," by Chris LoCurto.
- Involve Coworkers Who Shy Away From Participating. // TeamWork;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p3
The article offers tips on how to encourage coworkers to voice their opinion.
- A THEORETICAL AND EMPIRICAL ASSESSMENT OF THE SOCIAL CAPITAL OF NASCENT ENTREPRENEURIAL TEAMS. WEISZ, NATALIA; VASSOLO, ROBERTO S.; COOPER, ARNOLD C. // Academy of Management Proceedings;2004, pK1
The article discusses a study that investigates the social capital perspective of new venture teams, focusing on the different social dynamics involved in the gestation process of a new venture to help identify why ventures started by teams are usually more successful that those started by...
- Facebook has taken over my office! // Office Professional;Feb2010, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p5
In this article a reader seeks advice on how to deal with co-workers using the online social network Facebook and their attempts to contact her with it.
- Sharing knowledge: How to thrive in times of change. Jacobs, Dianne // Ivey Business Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the importance of social networks in the changing landscape of business, markets and work. Significance of personal and career transitions to an individual; Characteristics of good networks; Suggestions for expanding networks.
- Professional advice. // Director;Aug1999, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p25
Presents answer to questions regarding employment issues. Question on working alone; Question on renumeration package and reward structure; Question on dismissal of employee.
- NETWORKS, LEADERS, TEAMS AND TIME: CONNECTIONS TO VIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE. BALKUNDI, PRASAD; HARRISON, DAVID A. // Academy of Management Proceedings;2004, pJ1
This article discusses a study that looks at the effects of social network structures of leaders and members on team effectiveness by studying how important leader advice is in facilitating team social integration and task completion. The article discusses the network density and node centrality...