Visiting the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
- Pima. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Jul2009, Issue 7, p16
Information on the tribe Pima is presented.
- Ramona Farms. COX, BEVERLY; JACOBS, MARTIN // Native Peoples Magazine;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses the cultivation of the bafv, or tepary bean, by the Akimel O'odham people of south-central Arizona. According to the author, their confinement to the Gila River Indian Reservation and the diversion of water by non-Native settlers forced many Akimel O'odham to substitute...
- A Pee Posh Master Potter and a Porcupine Quill Box. VEZOLLES, CHRISTY // Native Peoples Magazine;May/Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p64
The article presents information about a Maricopa Pee Posh redware and a quill-decorated round box. According to the author, the redware is a kind of Maricopa pottery which is unique among other Indian pottery because it is fired two times. The author stated that the round box is made from...
- A MAN FOR ALL AGES. GIBSON, DANIEL // Native Peoples Magazine;May/Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
The article presents information about Richard Goodridge, a Maricopa/Apache Indian known for his knowledge in plant cultivation. It is noted that his home on the Gila River Indian Community in Laveen, Arizona, has traditional food crops and valuable plants. Some of which are Pima orange lima...
- The New Egypt, Pima Cotton, and the Role of Native Wage Labor on the Cooperative Testing and Demonstration Farm, Sacaton, Arizona, 1907-1917. BESS, JENNIFER // Agricultural History;Fall2014, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p491
This study examines the ideologies shaping the first cooperative venture between the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and the Bureau of Plant Industry (BPI), focusing the BIA's role as a labor contractor and the Pima's efforts to exert control over the conditions and valuation of their economic...
- BEFORE SHOWS GO ON, DEALS GO DOWN. EMERSON, LAURA // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/18/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 29, pP16
A review is offered for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, a resort, casino and hotel located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Agua Caliente CASINO. // Lodging Hospitality;7/1/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p40
A review is offered for the Agua Caliente Casino located in Rancho Mirage, California.
- Double Downer. Cummings, Ingrid // Indianapolis Monthly;Aug2009, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p43
A review is offered for the Indiana Live Casino located in Shelbyville, Indiana.
- The Cosmopolitan Aims High. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;2011-2011 Las Vegas Supplement, p12
A review is offered for the Cosmopolitan resort casino located in Las Vegas, Nevada.