Effect of Soaking, Cooking, Germination and Fermentation Processing on Proximate Analysis and Mineral Content of Three White Sorghum Varieties (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench)
- The effect of germination time on malt quality of six sorghum ( Sorghum bicolor) varieties grown at Melkassa, Ethiopia. Bekele, Aychew; Bultosa, Geremew; Belete, Ketema // Journal of the Institute of Brewing;Jun2012, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p76
The effect of germination time (48, 96 and 144 h) on malt quality of six sorghum varieties was investigated to determine the potential of grain sorghum cultivars in the local brewery industry. Six sorghum varieties (Gambella 1107, Macia, Meko, Red-Swazi, Teshale and 76 T1#23) were evaluated in a...
- EFFECT OF SALINITY ON SEED GERMINATION AND SEEDLING CHARACTERS OF SOME FORAGE SORGHUM CULTIVARS. KANDIL, A. A.; SHARIEF, A. E.; ABIDO, W. A. E.; IBRAHIM, M. M. // International Journal of Agriculture Sciences;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p306
In order to investigate the effects of osmotic stress on forage sorghum varieties at critical stage of germination to salinity stress. A study was conducted at the Seed Technology Laboratory of Mansoura University, Egypt during April to June 2012. Three for-age sorghum cultivars (Mabrouk, Horas,...
- EVALUATION OF SORGHUM VARIETIES/LINES FOR HYDROCYANIC ACID AND CRUDE PROTEIN CONTENTS. Sarfraz, Maryam; Ahmad, Nisar; Farooq, Umar; Ali, Azhar; Hussain, Khalid // Journal of Agricultural Research;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p39
This study was conducted at Biochemistry Section, Post Harvest Research Centre, Ayub Agricultural Research Institute, Faisalabad, Pakistan during the years 2006, 2007 and 2008 to evaluate different varieties/lines of sorghum fodder for hydrocyanic acid and crude protein contents. Ten varieties...
- Effects of Treatment of Sorghum Stover Residue With Ammonium Hydroxide on Cell Wall Composition and in vitro Digestibility. Yousuf, Adnan B.; Dismuke, A.; Kering, M.; Atalay, A. // Journal of Agricultural Science (1916-9752);Sep2014, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p21
The study was undertaken to determine the effects of ammonium hydroxide (NH4OH) treatment of sorghum stover residue on composition and in vitro dry matter disappearance (IVDMD) of two sorghum varieties, Dale (tall, sweet sorghum variety) and Brown mid rib (BMR) (Short, grain sorghum variety)....
- Bioavailability of Iron, Zinc, Phytate and Phytase Activity during Soaking and Germination of White Sorghum Varieties. Afify, Abd El-Moneim M. R.; El-Beltagi, Hossam S.; El-Salam, Samiha M. Abd; Omran, Azza A. // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p1
The changes in phytate, phytase activity and in vitro bioavailability of iron and zinc during soaking and germination of three white sorghum varieties (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench), named Dorado, Shandweel-6, and Giza-15 were investigated. Sorghum varieties were soaked for 20 h and germinated for...
- Creative science foils a vicious cereal killer. Weintraub, Boris // National Geographic;Apr98, Vol. 193 Issue 4, Preceding p2
Announces a sorghum variety resistant to the parasitic plant known as witchweed, developed by Gibisa Ejeta. The cost of yearly crop losses in West Africa alone because of witchweed.
- Company develops new premium food source in sorghum. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Nov2013, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p107
The article informs that the sorghum breeding and development company Nuseed as of November 2013 has developed Wholis, a breed of sorghum, having good milling and nutritional qualities.
- Seeking sorghum with ethanol punch. Ledbetter, Kay // Farmer-Stockman;Feb2011, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p25
The article reports on the initiative of Texas Agrilife Research and Extension Service specialists to look for a sweet sorghum variety that would produce the most ethanol in Texas.
- VARIABILITY IN BIOCHEMICAL COMPOSITION AND CELL WALL CONSTITUENTS AMONG SEVEN VARIETIES IN GHANAIAN YAM (DIOSCOREA SP.) GERMPLASM. Afoakwa, E. O.; Polycarp, D.; Budu, A. S.; Mensah-Brown, H.; Otoo, E. // African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition & Development;Sep2013, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8106
This work characterized the most cultivated and consumed yam (Dioscorea) cultivars within the Ghanaian yam germplasm based on their biochemical and cell wall constituents to assess their potential alternative food and industrial processing applications. Samples were analyzed for their...