- ETC. // Missoula Independent;12/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p7
The article offers information on the 2011 Montana Legislature which forces public schools in Montana to teach intelligent design.
- ETC. // Missoula Independent;1/10/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p7
The article offers information on U.S. Representator Clayton Fiscus who requested a draft bill from the 2013 legislative session in December 2013 requiring schools to teach intelligent design.
- Designed for Controversy: the Religious Right's New Creationism. Boston, Rob // Humanist;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p35
This article focuses on the controversy over the constitutionality of teaching intelligent design in U.S. schools. The article wonders what the court's ruling would be on the first legal challenge to intelligent design. Some arguments raised against teaching intelligent design in schools are...
- A decade after Dover. Borg, Julie // World (0888157X);10/17/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p56
The article discusses the 10th anniversary of a U.S. federal judge ruling in 2005 that Dover Area School District in Pennsylvania could not teach intelligent design (ID) in a biology class.
- Accepting EVOLUTION or Discarding SCIENCE. Sharpes, Donald K.; Peramas, Mary M. // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Summer2006, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p156
This article aims to frame the discussion about the arguments for and against intelligent design to be taught in schools in the U.S. It reviews some episodes in this lingering controversy. The reasons why the advocates of intelligent design are so opposed to evolution are explored. In addition,...
- Oxford academic on a mission to kick God out of school. // Education (14637073);12/1/2006, Issue 249, p2
The article reports on the efforts of atheist Richard Dawkins of the Oxford University to promote the teaching of evolutionary science in British schools. Dawkins has established the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Science and Reason which will subsidize books and DVDs about intelligent design,...
- The Battle over the Meaning of Everything. Olson, Randy // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;May-Aug2007, Vol. 27 Issue 3/4, p43
The article reviews the book "The Battle Over the Meaning of Everything," by Gordy Slack.
- LONE STAR WARS. Bathija, Sandhya // Church & State;Dec2008, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses the dispute between the religious sector and the educational system in Texas. It cites various issues related to the said conflict including the debate on the teaching of evolution in science classes, the advancement of intelligent design, a variant of creationism. It also...
- Intelligent Response to Designs on Science Teaching. Luntz, Stephen // Australasian Science;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p10
Reports on a letter sent by organizations representing scientists and science educators to Australian newspapers condemning the teaching of intelligent design (ID), as of January 2006. Criticisms against the teaching of ID as a scientific alternative to evolution; Views of Gianfranco Basti,...