Cracking the life-span code
- Longest-Living Animals. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;4/6/2007, Vol. 88 Issue 22, p8
A quiz on the longest living animals is presented.
- How long do animals live? // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p19
Lists the average life spans of numerous animals. Box turtles; Asian elephants; Grizzly bears; Horses; Gorillas; Polar bears; Lions; Domestic cats and dogs; Rabbits; Chipmunks; Mice; Other animals; The average life span of a human being in 1996.
- How long do animals live? // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p16
Presents a chart showing the lifespan of various animals. Box turtle; Asian elephant; Grizzly bear; Horse; Gorilla; Polar bear; Rhinoceros (white); Black bear; Lion; Lobster; Rhesus monkey; Rhinoceros (black); Camel (Bactrian); Cat (domestic); Dog (domestic); Leopard; Giraffe; Pig; Squirrel;...
- Long Lives. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;1/12/2004, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p3
Presents a graphical representation of five different mammals and their average life spans.
- What is the lifespan of cats with hyperthyroidism? McCoy, Thomas // Veterinary Medicine;Oct2010, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p459
The article provides an answer to a question of what is the life span of cats with hyperthyroidism.
- Longest-Living Mammals. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/3/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p3
Presents a graphical representation of the average life spans of long-living mammals.
- microfauna. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1462
A definition of the medical term "microfauna," which refers to the animal life that is microscopic in size, is presented.
- Fun Facts About Squirrels. Gottier, Daryl-Lynne // Hopscotch;
The article outlines facts about squirrels including the types of squirrels, a description of their teeth, and their life span, among others.
- in the wild COYOTE. BARTELS, ALAN J. // Nebraska Life;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p61
The article describes the wild coyote of Nebraska with a life span of up to 10 years in the wild whose preference of rodents makes them an ally of the agriculturalist.