MARIJUANA PROHIBITION IN CALIFORNIA: RACIAL PREJUDICE AND SELECTIVE-ARRESTS
- The Rivers of a Wounded Heart. Wilbur, Michael P. // Journal of Counseling & Development;Winter99, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p47
In this article the author shares his experiences on racism in the United States. The author and his brother stood on the corner in front of Vic and Billie's, the local prescription drug store and teenage sodafountain hangout. As they stood with a group of other boys judging which cars "tooling"...
- HIDEY-HOLE. // Syracuse New Times;1/16/2013, Issue 2177, p8
The article informs that a car passenger has been arrested in Naples in Florida in charge of possessing marijuana.
- INCIDENT REPORTS. // St. Charles Journal;7/10/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 55, pA3
This section offers news briefs concerning incident reports in St. Charles County, Missouri as of July 2011, including a man arrested for heroin possession while driving at Highway 370, youths charged with minor in possession of marijuana and theft of a laptop from a vehicle in Woolwick Court.
- The effects of multiracial identification on students� perceptions of racism. Brackett, Kimberly P.; Marcus, Ann; McKenzie, Nelya J.; Mullins, Larry C.; Tang, Zongli; Allen, Annette M. // Social Science Journal;2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p437
Abstract: This paper compares the differing perceptions of racism reported by White (n =222), Black (n =99), and White�Black multiracial (n =45) students at an urban campus of a Southern university. Using one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA), we examine the differences between the racial...
- Racism, Racial Identity, and Racial Socialization: A Personal Reflection. Thomas, Anita Jones // Journal of Counseling & Development;Winter99, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p35
The author, a young girl remembered the stories that her parents had told her about how Blacks were mistreated in the United States. Black people, her parents included, engaged in marches and civil activities to make changes to end oppression and racism and to increase opportunities for all...
- Levels of Racism: A Theoretic Framework and a Gardener's Tale. Jones, Camara Phyllis // American Journal of Public Health;Aug2000, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p1212
The author presents a theoretic framework for understanding racism on 3 levels: institutionalized, personally mediated and internalized. This framework is useful for raising new hypotheses about the basis of race-associated differences in health outcomes, as well as for designing effective...
- Black by Choice: Identify Preference of Americans of Black/White Parentage. McClain, Carol Shepherd // Black Scholar;Summer2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p43
Present a study on the identity preference of Americans of Black/White parentage. Percentage of the respondents who were identified as black, white or mixed race; Factors that affect the respondents choice; Importance of race to everyday life.
- A few steps closer to THE PROMISED LAND. WYCLIFF, DON // U.S. Catholic;Oct2008, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p33
The article focuses on racism in the U.S. A "Washington Post"/ABC News poll revealed that nearly half of all Americans say that race relation in the country is in a bad shape amidst the campaigns of Senator Barack Obama to become the first African American president. Obama described racism as a...
- NEW AMERICAN RACISM: A MICROCOSM STUDY OF A SMALL TOWN (CLARKSVILLE, TENNESSEE). Rainey-Brown, Shirley A.; Johnson, Glenn S.; Latrice Richardson, N.; Stinson, Tye G.; Ellis, Natasha P. // Race, Gender & Class;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3/4, p266
Racism is a moral issue and a political issue in the United States. Our society is built on the notion that ascertaining equality is shared and that all who desire to acquire the American Dream can have it with hard work. This assumption or notion by European Americans has been a misconception...