MARIJUANA PROHIBITION IN CALIFORNIA: RACIAL PREJUDICE AND SELECTIVE-ARRESTS
- The Rivers of a Wounded Heart. Wilbur, Michael P. // Journal of Counseling & Development;Winter99, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p47
In this article the author shares his experiences on racism in the United States. The author and his brother stood on the corner in front of Vic and Billie's, the local prescription drug store and teenage sodafountain hangout. As they stood with a group of other boys judging which cars "tooling"...
- Giving O'Reilly's soft bigotry a break. Page, Clarence // Caribbean Business;10/11/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p32
The author reflects whether ignorance about race makes one a racist as she highlights the controversy that Fox News star Bill O'Reilly's kicked up with his poorly received compliments of black diners in a New York City restaurant. She believes that such ignorance does not always make one a...
- HIDEY-HOLE. // Syracuse New Times;1/16/2013, Issue 2177, p8
The article informs that a car passenger has been arrested in Naples in Florida in charge of possessing marijuana.
- INCIDENT REPORTS. // St. Charles Journal;7/10/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 55, pA3
This section offers news briefs concerning incident reports in St. Charles County, Missouri as of July 2011, including a man arrested for heroin possession while driving at Highway 370, youths charged with minor in possession of marijuana and theft of a laptop from a vehicle in Woolwick Court.
- What's to be done about racism in medicine? Sheikh, Aziz // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Oct2001, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p499
The author contemplates on the racial discrimination within the medical profession in Great Britain. The author states the differences between the health experiences of ethnic-white and ethnic-minority groups. He mentions the book "Racism in Medicine," which detailed the summary of the evidence...
- A few steps closer to THE PROMISED LAND. WYCLIFF, DON // U.S. Catholic;Oct2008, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p33
The article focuses on racism in the U.S. A "Washington Post"/ABC News poll revealed that nearly half of all Americans say that race relation in the country is in a bad shape amidst the campaigns of Senator Barack Obama to become the first African American president. Obama described racism as a...
- The effects of multiracial identification on studentsï¿½ perceptions of racism. Brackett, Kimberly P.; Marcus, Ann; McKenzie, Nelya J.; Mullins, Larry C.; Tang, Zongli; Allen, Annette M. // Social Science Journal;2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p437
Abstract: This paper compares the differing perceptions of racism reported by White (n =222), Black (n =99), and Whiteï¿½Black multiracial (n =45) students at an urban campus of a Southern university. Using one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA), we examine the differences between the racial...
- Racism, Racial Identity, and Racial Socialization: A Personal Reflection. Thomas, Anita Jones // Journal of Counseling & Development;Winter99, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p35
The author, a young girl remembered the stories that her parents had told her about how Blacks were mistreated in the United States. Black people, her parents included, engaged in marches and civil activities to make changes to end oppression and racism and to increase opportunities for all...
- THE MIND OF THE BEHOLDER. // Christian Century;10/4/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 20, p7
This article focuses on the implications of the distribution of the photograph of an African American male wading through chest-deep floodwater in New Orleans, Louisiana by Associated Press, for the prevalence of racism in the U.S. in August 2005.