Marxism vs. the Jews
- Political corrections abounding. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p29
States the politically correct `Edmonton Journal' has devoted a full page to discussing whether the politically correct University of Alberta student newspaper the `Gateway' was politically correct in publishing an anti-Israel cartoon in its January 5 edition. The politically correct Albert...
- No Hitler, no Holocaust. // Commentary;Mar1984, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p37
Hitler made the Holocaust because he wanted to make it. Anti-Semitism did not make him make it. Hitler was ex-Christian and anti-Christian. There was much and there remains some Christian anti-Semitism. Hitler's anti-Semitism was anti-Christian. Marxist anti-Semitism is also anti-Christian....
- The Arab world discovers anti-Semitism. // Commentary;May86, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p30
Anti-Semitism is a hatred of Jews which is unique in its persistence, universality, profundity, and theological & psychological origins. Such anti-Semitism did not exist in the traditional Islamic world. However, it was developed by Arab governments to explain Israel's swift, overwhelming...
- Anti-Semitism and Jewish identity. Meyer, M.A. // Commentary;Nov89, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p35
Describes the role of anti-Semitism in shaping Jewish identity. Image to non-Jews; Jewish self-hatred; Nazism; The post-Holocaust age Jew.
- Accounting for anti-Semitism. Katz-Leavy, J. // Commentary;Jun91, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p52
Traces the history of anti-Semitism from the origin of the term in Germany in 1879. Background of religious conflict; Jews viewed as aliens; Rationalism brought emancipation in the 18th and 19th centuries; The modern persecution of Jews up to and including the Holocaust.
- The future of American Jewry. Kristol, I. // Commentary;Aug91, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p21
Sees America becoming more Christian and less secular and wonders whether a less secular, more religious society will mean an increase in anti-Semitism. Historic assimilation; Remaining liberal-to-left in American politics; Relationships of American liberal Jews to conservative Israel;...
- A gallery of former Jews. Elkin, J.L. // Commentary;Dec91, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p38
Discusses anti-semitism in Latin America. The enigma of Jewish life in Latin America; Intermarriage and assimilation; The diminishing Jewish traditions; Examples from Argentina, Uruguay and other countries; Jewish arrivals in Latin America due to migration and deportation; Racism on the right...
- What is anti-Semitism? Podhoretz, N. // Commentary;Feb1992, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p15
Presents an open letter to William F. Buckley Jr. regarding his essay `In Search of Anti-Semitism' (`National Review,' Dec. 31, 1991). A new look at the charges of anti-Semitism against writers Joseph Sobran, Patrick Buchanan and Gore Vidal and the `Dartmouth Review'; The role of Israel in...
- Holocaust justice? Hofmann, Margret // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p11
Opinion. Offers the author's thoughts on whether she should have brought to justice, Frau Wirth, her next door neighbor in Berlin, Germany, who made life miserable for the author's mother, a Jew, in the late 1930s.