Material handling tunes in
- Will We Get Smart in 2001? Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;Feb2001, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p2ADF
Comments on the role of radio frequency identification (RFID) in the material handling industry in terms of automatic data collection. Impact of the RFID technology during the Frontline Solutions conference and tradeshow; Problems in need of resolution before RFID in its many forms is widely...
- ProMat Brings It All Together. // Material Handling Management;Nov2004, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p7
Previews the ProMat 2005 International Exposition sponsored by the Material Handling Industry of America at the McMormick Place South in Chicago, Illinois, from January 10-13, 2005.
- Transport Packaging--Meet RFID. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p20
Discusses radio frequency identification (RFID) applications and equipment. Uses of RFID: Its advantages; Integration of transport packaging and RFID.
- Back to the Future and the Greening of RFID. Witt, Clyde E. // Material Handling Management;Jan2008, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including a report on the major Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) project by the Reusable Pallet and Container Coalition (RPCC) and a showcase of various hardware and software products that are deemed useful for materials...
- RFID: Is This the Year? Moore, Bert // Material Handling Engineering;Dec99, Vol. 54 Issue 13, p22
Deals with the radio frequency identification (RFID) in the material handling equipment industry. Application of RFID; Benefit offered by RFID in packaging; Advantages of RFID in terms of costs.
- Use of Active RFID within Pall-Ex. Cowper, Steve // Logistics & Transport Focus;May2009, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p41
The article describes the case study involving the use of Active radio frequency identification (RFID) system at Pall-Ex in 2009. The entry notes that Pall-Ex's first pilot project sought to achieve the recording and monitoring of plastic pallets as they moved through the supply chain with the...
- RFID: Not a Perfect World. Moore, Burr // Material Handling Management;Feb2003, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p50
Deals with the global acceptance of radio frequency identification (RFID) for specific applications in materials handling business. Problem with global implementation of RFID; Major thrust in RFID systems.
- Cutting Edge. // Material Handling Management;Sep2004, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p14
Presents information on various technologies for the materials handling industry in the U.S. Radio frequency identification label applicator from MPI Label Systems Inc.; Skid-Mate air-filled cushions from Hardigg industries Inc.; Lift trucks from Komatsu Forklift USA Inc.
- Mind Your P's to Answer Your Q's. Moore, Bert // Material Handling Management;Feb2005, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p46
Discusses considerations in the application of radio frequency identification (RFID) in materials handling in the U.S. Suggestions on achieving reliable performance in the use of RFID; Importance of awareness of problematic substances when placing RFID labels; Role of RFID labels in addressing...