Material handling: A look at what's happening in moving things from here to there
- Chrysler Awards Material Handling System Contract for St. Louis Factory to Jervis B. Webb. // Material Handling Management;Apr2007, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on a contract awarded by Chrysler Group to Jervis B. Webb Co., a supplier of material-handling systems based in Farmington Hills, Michigan to install a material handling system and renovate existing systems at the Saint Louis Missouri South Assembly plant of the company. Webb...
- JERVIS WEBB'S ABSTRACT STYLE. Edson, Lee // Management Review;Mar85, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the unique, informal managerial style that has empowered Farmington Hills, Michigan-based Jervis B. Webb Co., a leading material handling firm in the world. Innovation introduced by company chairman Jervis B. Webb; Webb's penchant for single-minded intensity; Credibility in the...
- MATERIAL HANDLING MATTERS: SOME THINGS THAT YOU MAY FIND USEFUL IN GETTING THINGS FROM HERE TO THERE. // Automotive Design & Production;Jul2005, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p56
Presents updates on the materials handling equipment industry in the U.S. as of July 2005. Advantages of the Quick Configurable Automation developed by AGV Systems over other systems of automated guided vehicle installations; Key to the ATL AGV automated truck loading system developed by Jervis...
- Webb observes 75th birthday. // Appliance Manufacturer;Sep94, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p22
Reports on highlights of the 75th anniversary and quality celebration day of Jervis B. Webb Co. held in June 6, 1994. Teamwork as a critical factor contributing to the company's success.
- Jervis Campbell Webb. // Material Handling Management;Nov2001, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p18
Pays tribute to Jervis C. Webb, chairman emeritus of the Jervis B. Webb Company in October 2001. Career background; Achievements.
- Analyzing a Waterborne Paint Line. Cassil, Don // Products Finishing;Nov2000, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p54
Deals with the finishing line analysis offered to Jervis B. Webb Co. Benefit of the line analysis in chemical streaking; Compatibility with waterbornes; Advantages of slowing down the line's speed.
- The Complete Accountant. // Management Review;Oct72, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p38
Cites Jervis B. Webb Co. vice president of finance Lee Zwally's regular rotation of a number of employees in his accounting department. Benefits of job flexibility; Enabling of instant replacement of departing employees; Helpfulness during periods of rapid expansions.
- Friction Conveyor. // Material Handling Management;Jun2010, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p42
The article evaluates the friction-drive conveyor system from Jervis B. Webb Co.
- Shallow-Tow Conveyors. // Products Finishing;Nov2007, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p77
The article evaluates the Shallow Tow towline conveyors from Jervis B. Webb Co.