Reciprocating engines never had it so good
- Operations roundup. // Foundry Management & Technology;Dec98, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p43
Focuses on Zollner Piston's automation of a casting cell the produces pistons for 7.3 liter Navistar vehicles. Incorporation of a Motoman SK45 robot and MRC controller; Incentives for using robotics; Training of mold makers to program and operate robots.
- German firm to buy Zollner. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;3/22/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5811, p1
Reports that German automotive piston maker Kolbenschmidt Pierburg AG has agreed to acquire Zollner Pistons LLC of Fort Wayne, Indiana. Zollner's supply of pistons to United States auto makers.
- Solid models make molds faster. Fanala, Kari // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p92
Reports on how Zollner Pistons has designed casting molds using its solid modeling technology. Effects of environmental regulations on the manufacture of molds; Key features of the modeling system; Piston design process.
- Zollner has new president. // Automotive News;11/11/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5686, p2
Reports on the appointment of former Ford Motor Corporation executive, John Ogden, as president of Zollner Pistons Corporation. Background information on Ogden.
- Zollner Pistons. Asp, Karen // Indiana Business Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p54
Focuses on Zollner Pistons company which is located in Fort Wayne, manufacturer of pistons and power-cylinder components. Sales; How the company stays ahead of its competition; Relationship with National Basketball Association team, the Detroit Pistons; Views of Gary Riley, president; Details.
- Subaru 1.8L piston rings. // Motor Age;Oct93, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p61
Discusses ways of assembling Subaru 1.8 OHV or OHC automobile engines. Automotive Engine Rebuilders Association; Installation of oil control rings; Designs for the oil ring; Effects of incorrect installation of upper rail of the oil ring; Oil rings installed in OHV and OHC engines; Installation...
- 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FOUR-STROKE PISTONS. // Motocross Action Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p70
The article offers information on four-stroke pistons in motorcycles. Stock cast pistons are made from a molten version of 4032 aluminum, while forged pistons are made from 2618 aluminum. Forged pistons are designed with extra clearance than stock cast piston. All motorcycles, except Yamahas,...
- STAGE WRITE. Kotmel, Bob // Street Machine;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p152
The article focuses on the author's truck turbo 308 project. A set of 30-over Precision Hypertec dished pistons and Hastings rings have been sourced for the project. Other materials used to create the truck turbo set-up are cited, as well as the cost of the complete set-up. The significance of...
- Apples & crocodiles. Cameron, Kevin // Cycle World;Apr2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the evolution of pistons. Performance of the first engine in terms of revolution per minute; Composition of the first piston; Relevance of the discovery of internal-combustion engines' performance in terms of revolution per minute in the developments of pistons.