Visions of learning society
- Big Growth in School Mediation. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Dec93, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the National Association of Mediation in Education. Membership; Net sales; Revenues.
- The Lil' scholars exemplify people helping people! // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1992, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the Lil' Scholars Educational Organization, a scholarship foundation founded by Hispanic Americans who were former members of a car club. College scholarships granted to 31 students from 1985 to 1992; Bobby Gonzales as president; Fund raising activities.
- Lil' Scholars benefit aids students. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1994, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
Features photographs and information on the Day at the Races benefit at Santa Anita Park in California which was sponsored by the Lil' Scholars Educational Organization. How Lil' Scholars was formed by members of what used to be a car club in Pasadena; How the scholarship program annually...
- Giving something back: Lil' scholars. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1995, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p9
Features Lil' Scholars Educational Organization which provides scholarships to students from seven high schools in West San Gabriel Valley in Pasadena, California. History of the organization; Fund-raising activities.
- Rescue mission. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;11/30/98, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p14
Reports that Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF) has asked the help from other not-for-profit hospitals in the United States to manage its operations in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Views of Thomas Chakurda, spokesman of the company; Details on the financial status of the...
- Remarks to the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p207
Presents President Bill Clinton's remarks to the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities on February 7, 1996. Concerns of higher education; Save Student Aid; How to help people make the most of their own lives; Increase the involvement of students in community service...
- Caffeine and your health. // Women in Business;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p4
Comments that a newsletter from the Food Education Foundation in Washington, D.C., recently confirmed that caffeine is safe when consumed in moderation.
- Standards wrap-up. // Music Educators Journal;Jul94, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p15
Reports that the leaders of the project responsible for the creation of the National Standards for Arts Education met on May 9-10, 1994 to discuss issues on the implementation and acceptance of the standards. Details of the meeting.
- Wash. union charged in campaign-finance case. White, Kerry A. // Education Week;11/27/96, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the charges facing Washington Education Association for its failure to properly disclose 330,000 dollars in campaign contributions over the past two years and for forming an unregistered political-action committee. Public Disclosure Commission's ruling that the magnitude of the...
- Women, Europe and the world: A democratic learning process. Saunders, Sue // Adults Learning;Oct96, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p45
Focuses on the Risca Women's Branch of the Workers Educational Association (WEA), of South East Wales. Establishment of the WEA; Outreach project of the WEA and the local community education college; Information on education training involved in project.