The manufacturer-dealer disconnect
- Product Lifecycle Management Advantages & Approach. Gandhi, Priyanka // Journal of Computing;Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p39
This paper aims to throw light on the significance and different approaches of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) in typical engineering environments. Product Lifecycle Management has proven to be a value based added service in engineering departments of different industries like Aerospace,...
- Stop the shell game. // Automotive News;8/28/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6218, p12
The article focuses on maintaining dealer-factory affairs in the U.S. automobile industry. Automakers are increasingly agreeing to pay dealerships prevailing retail rates for parts used in warranty repairs under pressure from dealers. However, those higher rates were not covered in new-vehicle...
- Retailers add value in third quarter. // Automotive News Europe;10/23/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 22, p26
Provides information on the share performance of car retailers in the third quarter of year 2000 in Europe. Factors that contribute to the retailers' performance; Indications of the total shareholder return.
- Advest automotive aftermarket retail monthly stock report. // Automotive Marketing;Jan1999, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p2
Presents statistics on the automotive aftermarket retail industry in the United States for the period ending December 1998. Closing price; Indexed prices as the market cap weighted.
- Retail briefs. // Aftermarket Business;06/01/94, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p10
Reports on news developments concerning the automobile parts retailing in the United States as of June 1994. Includes financial performance of Speedy Muffler King Inc.; Launching of national promotion of SpeeDee Oil Change & Tune-Up; Reorganization of the marketing department of Precision Tune Inc.
- In metro Detroit market, Murray's the pacesetter. Hall, Ron // Aftermarket Business;06/01/94, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p27
Focuses on the automobile retail stores in Detroit, Michigan. Business operations of Murray's Discount Auto Store; Reputation of Murray's; Background of automobile industry; Population; Business operations of AutoWorks.
- Retail briefs. // Aftermarket Business;03/01/98, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p12
Reports on developments concerning the retail automotive parts and accessories industry in the United States as of March 1998. Preview on Parts Plus' sixth national convention entitled Showcase '98; Naming of Advanced Auto Parts on AlliedSignal as its Vendor of the Year; Car-X Muffler & Brake's...
- Orlando has become the hub of the Florida aftermarket. Battle, John D. // Aftermarket Business;03/01/98, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on the growth of population in Orlando, Florida which attracted several large automotive retail chains. Several factors that influenced the growth; Improvement of educational institutions in the area; Lack of skilled technicians in the city; Growth of car market; Intense competition in...
- Comparing SG&A as a percent of sales. // Aftermarket Business;Oct99, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p6
Presents a graph on Sales, General and Administrative (SG&A) expenses of an automotive retailer's operating efficiency. Method of computing a retailer's efficiency; How a lower SG&A/sales ratio is achieved.