Seeing the light
- Ultraviolet light zaps bacteria in industrial fluids. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;8/12/96, Vol. 52 Issue 15, p16
Reports on the ultraviolet (UV) light technology which was jointly developed by Los Alamos National Laboratory and Triton Thalassic Technologies Inc. UV light technology's effect on the bacteria of industrial fluids; Capabilities and specification of the patent-pending UV-light-based process.
- The economies of UV curing. Stowe, Richard // Industrial Paint & Powder;Sep95, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p26
Presents the specific economic and functional benefits that are present in a diversity of ultraviolet applications. Account of readily quantifiable comparisons and cost benefits such as process uptime, capital equipment cost, maintenance cost, emissions treatment and others; Details of...
- UV Curing. Stowe, R. W. // Products Finishing;Jul2001, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p4s
Provides information on ultraviolet (UV) curing, the process of transforming a liquid into a solid by the use of light. Benefits of UV curing to finishers; Its applications; Components of a UV Curing system; Categories of UV curing.
- UV AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONS. // Products Finishing;Jul2001, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p28s
Provides information on the automotive applications of ultraviolet curing. Electrical and electronic applications; Headlamp assembly applications; Graphics and identification applications.
- UV radiation: A cure-all? Davis, Dan // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jul98, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p19
Presents information on ultraviolet (UV) curing in the coating industry. Benefits of UV-curable coatings; Components of UV-curable coatings; Comments made by Keith Cooper. INSET: Untitled.
- Microelectronics industry optimizes operations with ultraviolet optics. Nemechek, John J. // Laser Focus World;Apr95, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p113
Focuses on the role of ultraviolet (UV) optics in microelectronics fabrication and their applications. Lens designs for broad-band UV operation; Submicron imaging; Photomask repair; Process control.
- Considerations for Applying UV Coatings. Owed, John // Products Finishing;Jul2001, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p20s
Discusses the advantages of using ultraviolet (UV) coatings. How UV coatings are cured; Characteristics associated with the spray application of UV coatings.
- Seeing the light. Walia, Jagjit; Skinner, Dawn // Product Finishing;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the advantages of ultraviolet-curable coatings over traditional curing. Faster production speed; Requirement of a reduced amount of floor space; Emission of fewer pollutants; High degree of cross-linking; Improvement of coating properties; Test methods; Cure response in air; Effect...
- in the Blink of an Eye. Brezinski, Darlene // Paint & Coatings Industry;Feb2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on application of ultraviolet curing innovation to new markets. Advances in photochemistry, exposure systems and resins; Photochemical revolution in industrial coatings; Process called photopolymerization; Technical challenges for colored coatings. INSET: UV Curing Technology.