Retailer sets training benchmark
- Latest trend at the mall: retail classes. Wellner, Alison Stein // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 92, p20
Reports on the function of the Retail Skills Center in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania which trains individuals for positions within the retail industry.
- Retail skills center to open. Applegate, Jane // Las Vegas Business Press;02/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the opening of a retail skills center at the mall in King of Prussia near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Associations sponsoring the hands-on training program; Difficulty faced by employers in finding skilled workers; Retail skills taught by the program; Two-fold competitive strategy...
- Einzelhandel fÃ¼hrt bei Ausbildungsberufen. Maurer, Bettina // Textilwirtschaft;9/20/2012, Issue 38, p72
The article presents statistical details on the number of students in the retail sector in Germany in the year 2011.
- Harrison Beds centre to focus on retailer training. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/99, Issue 5161, p4
Reports that Harrison Beds has opened its Retail Partnership Centre that offers training programs for retail employees. Courses offered by the center.
- The challenges of training. // Chain Store Age;Jul96, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p6A
Discusses the need for a training program for retail employees in charge of floor care and maintenance. Selection of chemicals and equipment; Training program of Longs Drug Stores; North West Co.; Kmart Corp.; Use of technological innovations; Managing a training program for a diverse work...
- Mehr Bewerber als AusbildungsplÃ¤tze. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/5/2013, Issue 14, p0044
Statistics on the number of applicants and available apprenticeship positions in the German retail trade are offered.
- Operating stores: High octane execution. Jacobs, Bill // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1994, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p21MH
Discusses strategies for improving store operation. Multiplier effect; Training and development of store employees; Focused training programs; Recruitment of appropriate personnel; Incentives for employees; Simplification of shopping process; Use of technology to improve customer service.
- Handel sucht geeignete Bewerber. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;6/7/2013, Issue 23, p050
An article is presented on the education of employees of the German retail industry.
- Sonntags studieren zum Handelsfachwirt. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;9/6/2013, Issue 36, p56
The article announces that academic courses for the degree master of trade and commerce will start on November 17, 2013 in Munich, Germany in order to grant a further education for employees of the German retail industry.