BEAN COUNTER IN CHIEF
- INTERNET RESOURCES. Marcovitz, Hal // White House (9781590840245);2003, p45
Presents a list of web sites offering information on the White House and government officials. Official web site of the White House; Web site address of the White House Historical Association; Web site containing e-mail addresses of government officials.
- CBO chief: We were aware of reform's mandatory spending. Millman, Jason // Hill;3/31/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p24
The article reports on the denial of U.S. Congressional Budget Office (CBO) chief, Doug Elmendorf, on Republican claims that more than 100 billion dollars in health care reform have been unrevealed to the public in 2011.
- Behold, the Magic Kingdom of Dynamic Scoring. HARROP, FROMA // Progressive Populist;2/1/2105, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the Republican Party's campaign to replace Doug Elmendorf, the economist in-charge of the U.S. Congressional Budget Office.
- Debt Explosion Demands Fundamental Reform. Arvak, Jason // Moderate Voice;4/9/2010, p4
The article reports that Doug Elmendorf, chief of the U.S. Congressional Budget Office, supported the growing protest about out-of-control spending in Washington, D.C. It is projected that the country will face trillion-dollar deficits for health care and Social Security that will add up to a...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Government Executive;4/1/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p12
This article presents information on government executives. 19 senior White House aides get the title of "assistant to the president" and the top West Wing salary is $157,000. 26 White House aides held this title during the former U.S. President Bill Clinton's administration.
- WASHINGTON FRONT. Lucey, Charles // America;8/11/1951, Vol. 85 Issue 19, p452
The author reflects on the performance of the Congressmen at the White House in Washington D. C. He observes that some of them cannot find enough hours to meet all the demands of their job. He mentions the Tuesday-to-Thursday Club-Congressmen living in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or other...
- Obama Appoints Former Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson as White House Liaison. Zhang, Dian // Bondbuyer.com;11/6/2014, p31
The article announces that Jerry Abramson has been appointed as White House liaison to U.S. states and local governments by U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Obama's White House chef, Sam Kass, resigns. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/9/2014, p1
(JTA) -- The Obama family's private White House chef, Sam Kass, has resigned.
- White House lobbying continues as finishing touches put on report. Marino, John // Caribbean Business;2/17/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p32
The article reports on the continued lobbying by government and political leaders regarding the status and the economy of Puerto Rico, at the White House in Washington D.C. It states that government leaders also aimed at strengthening the Puerto Rican public safety and justice system. Resident...