BEAN COUNTER IN CHIEF
- INTERNET RESOURCES. Marcovitz, Hal // White House (9781590840245);2003, p45
Presents a list of web sites offering information on the White House and government officials. Official web site of the White House; Web site address of the White House Historical Association; Web site containing e-mail addresses of government officials.
- CBO chief: We were aware of reform's mandatory spending. Millman, Jason // Hill;3/31/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p24
The article reports on the denial of U.S. Congressional Budget Office (CBO) chief, Doug Elmendorf, on Republican claims that more than 100 billion dollars in health care reform have been unrevealed to the public in 2011.
- Debt Explosion Demands Fundamental Reform. Arvak, Jason // Moderate Voice;4/9/2010, p4
The article reports that Doug Elmendorf, chief of the U.S. Congressional Budget Office, supported the growing protest about out-of-control spending in Washington, D.C. It is projected that the country will face trillion-dollar deficits for health care and Social Security that will add up to a...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Government Executive;4/1/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p12
This article presents information on government executives. 19 senior White House aides get the title of "assistant to the president" and the top West Wing salary is $157,000. 26 White House aides held this title during the former U.S. President Bill Clinton's administration.
- WHITE HOUSE NEWSREEL. Stout, Wesley // Saturday Evening Post;3/16/1935, Vol. 207 Issue 37, p18
Focuses on the issues concerning invitations of politician's friends and visitors from other countries into the White House by various politicians in Washington D. C. Stay of the fifty-three editors at the Taft table covering a political issue; Business figures who stayed at the White House for...
- Kellee James. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;11/2/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p39
The article profiles Kellee James, a White House fellow in Washington D.C. Selected by the U.S. administration for a one-year immersion in government service at the highest level, she is one of only 15 White House Fellows. She earned a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree and a...
- WASHINGTON FRONT. Lucey, Charles // America;8/11/1951, Vol. 85 Issue 19, p452
The author reflects on the performance of the Congressmen at the White House in Washington D. C. He observes that some of them cannot find enough hours to meet all the demands of their job. He mentions the Tuesday-to-Thursday Club-Congressmen living in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or other...
- Filling Solis's Shoes Won't Be Easy. GUPTA, SARITA // Progressive Populist;2/15/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
The article offers information on the key role of Hilda Solis, the Secretary of Labor, White House, who recently resigned from the administration.
- Obama Appoints Former Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson as White House Liaison. Zhang, Dian // Bondbuyer.com;11/6/2014, p31
The article announces that Jerry Abramson has been appointed as White House liaison to U.S. states and local governments by U.S. President Barack Obama.