Bullying in the School System: What Does It Look Like?
- Doctor David Bull explains…bullying. Bull, David // Gay Times (09506101);Feb2011, Issue 389, p110
The article offers information about bullying, and on how to deal with bullies. It defines bullying as an act of repeated aggressive behaviour aimed at intentionally hurting another person. It discusses bullying in school and in the workplace. The article explains the three main forms of...
- The Application of Certain Phenomenological / Existential Perspectives in Understanding the Bully-Victim Cycle. Minton, Stephen James; Minton, Patricia // Existential Analysis: Journal of the Society for Existential Ana;Jul2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p230
Analyzes the bully-victim cycle in school and in the workplace through phenomenological or existential perspectives. Philosophies on sadism; Human aggressive behavior based on the perspective of Konrad Lorenz; Discussion of the perpetuating factors in the bully-victim cycle.
- The bully as victim? Patterson, Gillian // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2005, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p27
Bullying in schools is now widely acknowledged and the detrimental effect on children who are bullied is well recognised. A literature review aimed at exploring the links between bullying and depression in primary school children uncovered evidence of depression in the children who bully....
- Cubicle Wars. Mastrocola, Kristina // Psychology Today;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p14
Presents an overview of a study on bullying in the workplace. Impact of bullying on the economy; Ways to prevent bullying in the workplace.
- Chapter 8: Hard-Won Victory. // Youth with Aggression Issues: Bullying & Violence;2008, p103
Chapter 8 of the book "Youth With Aggression Issues: Bullying & Violence, 2008," by Kenneth McIntosh and Ida Walker is presented. It narrates about a story related to youth violence and bullying and the assistance provided by school authorities to victims. It discusses the result of a research...
- "We are the Solution". Morais, Carmen; Porter, Alex // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on bullying at school.
- Are we too mean? Lundy, Emily // Malakoff News (TX);10/18/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 42, p2
The article offers the author's insights on mean people and bullying in schools.
- Stomp Out Bullying! Dignan, Jennifer // Scholastic Scope;2/8/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on the problems of bullying, a serious problem confronted among teenagers, especially in schools, communities, national organizations, and even among celebrities.
- Dealing with Bullying. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Dec2006, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p48
The article presents suggestions on how parents should deal with bullied children. To express their concerns directly, parents should contact school officials. A child should be helped to boost his or her self-esteem and his interests like music, art, should be encouraged. The child should be...