Connecting on Facebook
- Must It Be `High School OR Horses'? Byers, Chelsea // Practical Horseman;Jul2000, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the need for youth equestrian programs that would encourage teenagers to continue riding during high school.
- FINDING (MAKING!) TIME TO RIDE. Meyer, Jennifer Forsberg // Horse & Rider;May2004, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p64
Features amateur riders who managed to fit horses and even competition into their lives. INSETS: Minimal Time, Maximum Effect;Make It Family-Friendly;Ride A Finished Horse;Keep Everyone Posted
- Measuring Up. // Practical Horseman;Jun2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p59
Lists riding and stablecraft skills students develop at Waredaca Farm in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- 6 Things to Do in APRIL. // Practical Horseman;Apr2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p72
The article presents a guide for horseback riders on what to do on April 2009 in the U.S.
- GUESS WHO? // Horse & Rider;Oct2007, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p29
This article presents a picture of a young rider and readers are asked to guess who it might be.
- All roads lead to San Antonio. // Wilson County News;2/18/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p1D
Several photographs from the event organized by the South Texas Trail Riders are presented.
- A family affair. Goldreyer, Kip // Practical Horseman;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p38
Features Devon Sachey of California, teenage daughter of horse trainer Don Sachey and equestrian Dana, who competes in novice-level horse trials. Chores Devon does for horses; Characteristics of Devon's horse called William; Devon's participation in a competition in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Showing: Too much pressure! Edgette, Janet // Practical Horseman;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p128
Offers advice to parents and horse trainers on how to deal with the depression of a teenage horse rider. Need for adults to monitor the pressure the rider is experiencing; Importance of listening to the child.
- A Promising Rider, But Missing the Polish. Morris, George // Practical Horseman;Jul2009, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p25
The article features various horseriders depicting their stunts in a horse riding competition in the U.S.