The Story of Life: A Ceramic Mural by Lorraine Malach
- Mural at national site marks First Nation history. MILLER, HEATHER ANDREWS // Alberta Sweetgrass;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p9
The article offers information on the near completion of artist Roland Rollinmud, the Stony Nakoda First Nation man who was commissioned to do the 90-inch by 130-inch oil-based mural at the Cave and Basic Historic Site in Banff, Alberta.
- A brush with family history. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;09/21/98, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p30
Describes the murals created by brothers Marc and Daniel Michaud, of Legal, Alberta. Depiction of their grandfather; Their art training; Other murals they have made for their town.
- CANADA RECEIVING THE HOMAGE OF HER CHILDREN. Lerner, Loren // Journal of Canadian Art History;2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1/2, p51
The article discusses the proposal of murals for the entrance hall of Canada's Parliament Buildings. George Reid proposed a scheme of mural paintings for the Centre Block of the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa. The murals are said to be intended for the main entrance hall, the Commons and Senate...
- A NATIONAL SOUL. Hudson, Anna // Journal of Canadian Art History;2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1/2, p180
The article reviews the book "A NATIONAL SOUL: Canadian Mural Painting, 1860s-1930s," by Marylin J. McKay.
- IBM sponsors New York Exploratorium show. Sweet, William // Physics Today;Feb86, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p67
Reports the exhibits from the San Francisco Exploratorium museum opened at the International Business Machine (IBM) of Science and Art in New York. Number of Exploratorium exhibitors; Arrangement of IBM-Exploratorium exhibit in the Mezzanine; Aspect of the museum.
- Introduction. Koliopoulos, Dimitris; Filippoupoliti, Anastasia // Science & Education;Apr2014, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p715
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the implementation of the history of science as a research subject in science museums, museum education products, and the intersections of art and science.
- Bringing Art and Science Together. McCaffrey, Suzanne; Seals, Angela // Dimensions (1528820X);Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p40
The article presents information related to the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh. It has been stated that the museum provides an opportunity to visitors to experience artworks and art making on various aspects of science. It has been stated that two artist residencies have been offered by the...
- grants and awards. // Dimensions (1528820X);Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p45
The article presents information related to various grants and awards related to art and science. It has been stated that 10 million dollar has been granted by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation to the Miami Science Museum, Florida, for its new facility to be opened in 2015. It has also...
- Catch up with the state of the art. // New Scientist;5/8/2010, Vol. 206 Issue 2759, p48
The article reviews several science-art exhibitions including "Experiments" at the GV Art Gallery in London until May 29, 2010, "Skin" at Wellcome Collection in London from June 10 to September 26, 2010, and "Geometry Playground" at the Exploratorium in San Francisco, California from June 25 to...