Ky. Road-Tests Common Core
- Consortia Provide Preview of Common Tests. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;8/22/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the development of standardized tests that are meant to test U.S. students regarding learning proficiency standards dictated by the national Common Core state educational standards to go into effect in 2014. Topics include consortia of states working with private vendors to...
- Pilot Testing Common Core Assessments. // District Administration;May2013, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the nationwide pilot test being conducted by the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium to learn how U.S. students react to the new format in testing for school districts in preparation for the impending implementation of the Common Core State Standards by the 2014-2015...
- Giving Assessment a Better Name. CHUBB, JOHN // Independent School;Winter2014, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p9
The author discusses standardized testing in the U.S. and the impact that it has in independent schools. The article presents information on the U.S. Common Core State Standards, the assessment of educational standards, and the College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA). The author also argues...
- Consortium Previews Tests With Sample Questions. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;8/28/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p11
The article presents information on the release of the sample questions for the U.S. Common Core State Standards tests in math and English/language arts for 2015 by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC).
- Common-Core Tests Dig Deep To Assess Learning, Study Says. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;1/23/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p5
The article discusses "On the Road to Assessing Deeper Learning: The Status of Smarter Balanced and PARCC Assessment Consortia," a study on the progress of national educational consortia in developing standardized tests for language arts and mathematics aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
- CUT TO THE CORE. DELGUIDICE, MARGAUX; LUNA, ROSE // Publishers Weekly;9/9/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 36, p22
The article discusses a set of U.S. educational standards called Common Core State Standards. Topics include opposition from parents and teachers to the exams used to assess student learning under the Common Core standards, criticism of the Common Core standards, and the issues and opportunities...
- Consortia Struggle With ELL Provisions. Maxwell, Lesli A. // Education Week;4/3/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p1
The article discusses the development of U.S. testing accommodations for English language learners (ELLs) to be implemented for the 2014-2015 school year, which are based on the Common Core State Standards for education. The state groups Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium and the Partnership...
- Consortium Releases Sample Test Items. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;10/17/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p4
The article reports that the U.S.-based Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, which is developing assessments to be used in U.S. schools that align with the Common Core State Standards, has released several examples of test questions on its website.
- Common-Core Tests to Take Students Up to 10 Hours. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;3/13/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p10
The article covers information from the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC), an organization responsible for designing tests in English/language arts based on the U.S. education standards known as the Common Core State Standards, that indicated the tests may...