Ky. Road-Tests Common Core
- The Common Core's Role In Standardized Testing. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;5/7/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p26
The article provides information on standardized testing and assessments instituted by the Common Core State Standards, a set of U.S. educational standards.
- New Assessments, New Rigor. Herman, Joan; Linn, Robert // Educational Leadership;Mar2014, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p34
The article discusses the use of student assessments developed by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Career (PARCC) and the Smarter Balanced Assessment consortium in U.S. education in an effort to see if students are meeting the Common Core State Standards. Topics...
- Giving Assessment a Better Name. CHUBB, JOHN // Independent School;Winter2014, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p9
The author discusses standardized testing in the U.S. and the impact that it has in independent schools. The article presents information on the U.S. Common Core State Standards, the assessment of educational standards, and the College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA). The author also argues...
- Pilot Testing Common Core Assessments. // District Administration;May2013, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the nationwide pilot test being conducted by the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium to learn how U.S. students react to the new format in testing for school districts in preparation for the impending implementation of the Common Core State Standards by the 2014-2015...
- Stakes High In Trial Run For Exams. Gewertz, Catherine; Sawchuk, Stephen // Education Week;3/26/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p1
The article presents information on the field-testing of computer-based tests for common academic standards in the U.S. for mathematics and English/language arts. The author looks at the U.S. Common Core State Standards, the educational assessment organization Smarter Balanced Assessment...
- Consortia Provide Preview of Common Tests. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;8/22/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the development of standardized tests that are meant to test U.S. students regarding learning proficiency standards dictated by the national Common Core state educational standards to go into effect in 2014. Topics include consortia of states working with private vendors to...
- The Early Results Are In. Morella, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;11/23/2012, Vol. 4 Issue 47, p10
An interview with Terry Holliday, education commissioner of Kentucky, is presented. Holliday talks about the value of the Common Core standards, a set of K-12 education benchmarks. He explains the results of the first Common Core-based tests. He also discusses how students and teachers have...
- Consortium Previews Tests With Sample Questions. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;8/28/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p11
The article presents information on the release of the sample questions for the U.S. Common Core State Standards tests in math and English/language arts for 2015 by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC).
- Common-Core Tests Dig Deep To Assess Learning, Study Says. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;1/23/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p5
The article discusses "On the Road to Assessing Deeper Learning: The Status of Smarter Balanced and PARCC Assessment Consortia," a study on the progress of national educational consortia in developing standardized tests for language arts and mathematics aligned with the Common Core State Standards.