Ky. Road-Tests Common Core
- The Common Core's Role In Standardized Testing. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;5/7/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p26
The article provides information on standardized testing and assessments instituted by the Common Core State Standards, a set of U.S. educational standards.
- Stakes High In Trial Run For Exams. Gewertz, Catherine; Sawchuk, Stephen // Education Week;3/26/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p1
The article presents information on the field-testing of computer-based tests for common academic standards in the U.S. for mathematics and English/language arts. The author looks at the U.S. Common Core State Standards, the educational assessment organization Smarter Balanced Assessment...
- Giving Assessment a Better Name. CHUBB, JOHN // Independent School;Winter2014, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p9
The author discusses standardized testing in the U.S. and the impact that it has in independent schools. The article presents information on the U.S. Common Core State Standards, the assessment of educational standards, and the College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA). The author also argues...
- Consortium Previews Tests With Sample Questions. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;8/28/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p11
The article presents information on the release of the sample questions for the U.S. Common Core State Standards tests in math and English/language arts for 2015 by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC).
- Common-Core Tests Dig Deep To Assess Learning, Study Says. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;1/23/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p5
The article discusses "On the Road to Assessing Deeper Learning: The Status of Smarter Balanced and PARCC Assessment Consortia," a study on the progress of national educational consortia in developing standardized tests for language arts and mathematics aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
- Validity Counts. Chatterji, Madhabi // Education Week;3/12/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p36
The author presents her opinion on the importance of standardized educational testing and assessment for teaching and learning practices, advocating a reforming approach to educational testing rather than a complete elimination of testing and assessment as an accountability tool. She stresses...
- Consortia Struggle With ELL Provisions. Maxwell, Lesli A. // Education Week;4/3/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p1
The article discusses the development of U.S. testing accommodations for English language learners (ELLs) to be implemented for the 2014-2015 school year, which are based on the Common Core State Standards for education. The state groups Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium and the Partnership...
- Testing Skeptics' Advice: Just Say 'No'. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;3/12/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p1
The article presents information on the opt-out strategy where parents do not allow children to take state testings in the U.S. The author looks at high-stakes assessments, the U.S. Common Core State Standards, and the U.S. Department of Education. The article also discusses a testing boycott in...
- CUT TO THE CORE. DELGUIDICE, MARGAUX; LUNA, ROSE // Publishers Weekly;9/9/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 36, p22
The article discusses a set of U.S. educational standards called Common Core State Standards. Topics include opposition from parents and teachers to the exams used to assess student learning under the Common Core standards, criticism of the Common Core standards, and the issues and opportunities...