Ky. Road-Tests Common Core
- The Common Core's Role In Standardized Testing. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;5/7/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p26
The article provides information on standardized testing and assessments instituted by the Common Core State Standards, a set of U.S. educational standards.
- Stakes High In Trial Run For Exams. Gewertz, Catherine; Sawchuk, Stephen // Education Week;3/26/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p1
The article presents information on the field-testing of computer-based tests for common academic standards in the U.S. for mathematics and English/language arts. The author looks at the U.S. Common Core State Standards, the educational assessment organization Smarter Balanced Assessment...
- Consortium Previews Tests With Sample Questions. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;8/28/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p11
The article presents information on the release of the sample questions for the U.S. Common Core State Standards tests in math and English/language arts for 2015 by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC).
- Common-Core Tests Dig Deep To Assess Learning, Study Says. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;1/23/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p5
The article discusses "On the Road to Assessing Deeper Learning: The Status of Smarter Balanced and PARCC Assessment Consortia," a study on the progress of national educational consortia in developing standardized tests for language arts and mathematics aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
- Plunge in N.Y.'s Test Scores Adds Fuel to Raging Debate Over Common-Core Impact. UJIFUSA, ANDREW // Education Week;8/21/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the effect of 2013 New York student test scores for mathematics and language arts on the debate over the Common Core State Standards educational policies, and mentions public opinion regarding standardized testing, achievement gaps, and scores from California and Wyoming.
- Input Sought on Test Accommodations. SAMUELS, CHRISTINA A. // Education Week;1/23/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p4
The article discusses the efforts by the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC), a consortium of U.S. states tasked with designed standardized tests aligned with the Common Core State Standards, to address issues related to test accommodations.
- with Terry Holliday. Solomon, J. D. // District Administration;Aug2013, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p12
An interview with Terry Holliday, Kentucky's commissioner of education, is presented. He talks about statewide reform legislation that was passed in Kentucky in 2009 for school improvement. He discusses the implementation of Common Core standards in Kentucky which he considered to be a cost...
- State Tests Due Fresh Scrutiny as Peer Review Relaunches. Gewertz, Catherine; Klein, Alyson // Education Week;10/7/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p14
The article discusses the beginning of a peer review process for U.S. state educational standards or tests, overseen by the U.S. Department of Education. Topics include the need for compliance with the U.S. Elementary and Secondary Education Act, data on student participation in testing, and the...
- California Districts Build Tests for Common Core. GEWERTZ, CATHERINE // Education Week;1/22/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p5
The article reports on the 2014 posting and utilization of alternative assessments by the California Office to Reform Education (CORE) in opposition to the U.S. Common Core State Standards system.