- Al-Ge-Ni (Aluminum-Germanium-Nickel). Raghavan, V. // Journal of Phase Equilibria & Diffusion;Dec2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p478
The article discusses the study based on the phase equilibrium at the Ni-lean region of Al-Gee-Ni (Aluminum-Germanium-Nickel) compound. It mentions the finding of liquids projection and two isothermal sections at the temperature at 700 degree celsius and 400 degree celsius. It highlights Al-Gee...
- Fe-Ti-V (Iron-Titanium-Vanadium). Raghavan, V. // Journal of Phase Equilibria & Diffusion;Aug2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p381
The article discusses a study which provides a phase diagram and describes a tentative liquidus projection and two isothermal sections at 800 and 1000 Â°Celcius (C) for the iron-titanium-vanadium (Fe-Ti-V) ternary compound. The study used various methods to analyze the phase equilibria...
- Stability hierarchy of the pseudomorphic FeSi[sub 2] phases: Alpha, gamma, and defected CsCl. Miglio, Leo; Tavazza, Francesca // Applied Physics Letters;10/16/1995, Vol. 67 Issue 16, p2293
Presents a total-energy stability diagram of FeSi[sub 2] phases. Explanation of experimental findings of pseudomorphic epitaxy on silicon(111); Presentation of the total energy curves with volume for all FeSi[sub 2]; Confirmation of the high-energy position of the gamma phase.
- Phase relations in the system of (Na1/2Bi1/2)TiO3—PbTiO3. II. Dielectric property. Hong, Kug Sun; Park, Seung-Eek // Journal of Applied Physics;1/1/1996, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p388
Presents information on a study which investigated the establishment of a phase diagram in a titanium compound using dielectric measurements. Description of the titanium compound system; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion.
- Phase relations in the system of (Na1/2Bi1/2)TiO3—PbTiO3. I. Structure. Park, Seung-Eek; Hong, Kug Sun // Journal of Applied Physics;1/1/1996, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p383
Presents information on a study which established a phase diagram for a titanium compound through analysis of structure and thermal anomalies associated with changes in temperature and composition. Assessment on the characteristics of relaxor ferroelectrics; Methodology of the study; Results...
- Effect of carbon in iron-carbon melts on the structure and composition of chromium-alloyed surfaces of cavityless-cast castings. Dement'ev, V.; Ovcharenko, P.; Leshchev, A. // Metal Science & Heat Treatment;Jan2013, Vol. 54 Issue 9/10, p458
The effect of carbon in iron-carbon melts on the structure, phase and chemical composition and thickness of chromium-alloyed surface layers of castings obtained by the cavityless method is studied.
- New Metals Could Foster Phase-Change Memory Devices. Montalbano, Elizabeth // Design News;Nov2013, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p34
The article reports on the invention of an electronic alloy of 50 aluminum atoms by researchers from China which could serve as the potential foundation for phase-change memory devices. It references a study by Xilin Zhou and colleagues, published in the journal "Applied Physics Letters." Topics...
- Ternary and Higher Order Iron Phase Diagram Updates. Raghavan, V. // Journal of Phase Equilibria & Diffusion;Aug2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p362
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the iron phase diagrams published within the issue for 12 ternary systems including iron-neodymium-antimony (Fe-Nd-Sb), iron-titanium-vanadium (Fe-Ti-V), and cobalt-iron-helium (Co-Fe-Ho).
- Thermal and transport properties of the Heusler-type compounds Fe2-xTi1+xSn. Lue, C. S.; Kuo, Y.-K. // Journal of Applied Physics;9/1/2004, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p2681
We have studied the thermoelectric properties of the stoichiometric and off-stoichiometric Heusler compounds Fe2-xTi1+xSn between 10 K and 400 K. It is found that the electrical resistivity and Seebeck coefficient are very sensitive to the off-stoichiometry. Seebeck coefficient (S) measurements...