- Web browser, what's that secret you're keeping? Urbaczewski, Andrew; Jessup, Leonard M. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p25
Explores the choices available for managers in monitoring and managing employee use and/or abuse of corporate digital resources such as streaming audio/video, email, instant messaging and Internet surfing. Establishment of Acceptable Use Policies in helping a firm be proactive in communicating...
- You've got to hand it to them. Lewis, Andrew // People Management;9/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p47
Contends that line managers can gain significant advantages by trusting their employees to use self-service human resources information systems called employee self-service (ESS). Transactions that employees can perform by using an intranet ESS; Barriers to implementing the ESS.
- Getting the right staff mix--together. // Canadian Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses "Staff Mix Decision-making Framework for Quality Nursing Care," a new resource which helps nurse managers to ensure that their staff members are working effectively. The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) endorses the resource as it provides several advantages including...
- Make a difference by doing IT better. Richards-Carpenter, Colin // People Management;6/13/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p39
Discusses the findings from the annual Computers in Personnel and Training survey. Event which contributed to replacement computerised personnel information systems (CPIS) sales over the past two years; Features of a CPIS that were shown by the survey to be important; Four factors that are seen...
- a 'must attend' event. // Human Resources Magazine;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p12
The article offers information on the 2008/2009 Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ) HR Awards. The author believes that the event has succeeded in bringing HR to the forefront as a core business asset as it recorded 36 entries, sold-out 2007 awards ceremony, and increasing number of...
- Running a great IS department. // InfoWorld;04/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 16, pS3
Presents the results of a survey on the best methods to create a successful information systems (IS) organization. IS and the corporate mission; Ways to improve one's help desk; Systems stability; Desktop adequacy. INSETS: Survey methodology.;The measure of success...;The value of...
- Putting together the perfect team. Steen, Margaret // InfoWorld;04/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 16, pS21
Offers advice on how to create the perfect information systems (IS) staff. Recruitment of top-notch IS staff; Low-cost benefits that help retain staff; Importance of maintaining flexibility throughout the hiring process.
- HRMS made easy. Behr, Alyson // InfoWorld;4/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p30
Reviews the Employease eHR and Peopleclick online human resource management systems. Cost; Platforms; Applications.
- Corporate Managers' Experiences Related To Implementing Section 404 Of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act: A Focus On Information Systems Issues. Bryan, Lois D. // Journal of Applied Business Research;May/Jun2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p25
This article reports the experiences of corporate managers implementing the requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act as it pertains to information systems. To carry out this research high ranking corporate managers were interviewed. Their firsthand experience with implementing the...