Handling questions of ethics from job candidates
- Prepare to make a moral judgement. Pickard, Jane // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p22
Questions whether personnel and training professionals should be doing more to promote ethical behavior in their organizations. Forms of personnel's contribution for enhancing awareness of ethical issues in the workplace; Credibility as an obstacle for personnel in implementing ethical...
- Rights and Wrongs of Ethics Training. Rice, Dan; Dreilinger, Craig // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p103
Presents guidelines on how managers and organizations can develop employee ethics initiatives. Reasons for the failure of several ethics initiatives; Unintentional ethics problems; Ethics training.
- Get real (and ethics will follow). Dreillinger, Craig // Workforce;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p101
Discusses the ways in which managers can succeed in building employee trust. Examples on how companies pay lip service to ethics; Importance ethics; Attitudes of managers who are effective in building trust.
- Be Objective, Diplomatic--And Decisive. Taguchi, Sherrie Gong // HR Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p56
Suggests ways to approach ethical issues in the workplace. Importance of meeting with the concerned employee; Advice for employers and employees; Sample positioning to the client involved in the corporation's problem.
- Get the Facts, Shift the Focus, Preserve Trust. Mross, Audrey E. // HR Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p59
Presents tips on handling ethical issues faced by human resource professionals. Facts and resources; Importance of calling a meeting with the dual goals of resolving the situation and maintaining relationships; Explanation of the human tendency to underestimate the cost of unethical behavior.
- Why Ethics is HR's Issue. Lachnit, Caroll // Workforce (10928332);Mar2002, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p10
Examines the role of human resources in the business ethics of a company. Overview on the collapse of Enron Corporation; How ethics work best in an organization, according to professor Linda K. Trevi Ã± o.
- BUILDING ETHICS INTO HR. // New Zealand Management;Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the importance of integrating ethics into human resources (HR) in organizations. Tips on how HR can rediscover the organization's integrity.
- Test your 2000+ PEOPLE skills. Abernathy; Allerton, Donna // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p25
Presents a questionnaire to assess personnel management skills. Includes questions on problem solving; Ethics; Open-mindedness.
- The role of human resources in ethics/compliance management: A fairness perspective. Weaver, Gary R. // Human Resource Management Review;Spring/Summer2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1/2, p113
Abstract Many large corporations now have formal programs for managing ethical behavior and legal compliance. But the often minor role of human resources (HR) in companies' ethics management efforts is problematic. This is because ethics management efforts are likely to raise questions of...