Assemble a project team to launch your ESS system
- Making dollars and sense out of employee self-service. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce (10928332);Jul98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p67
Discusses employee self-service (ESS) technology. Measurement of cost and value of ESS; Information on the ESS technology developed by Glaxo Wellcome pharmaceutical company; Achievements with ESS. INSET: Don't forget the hidden costs.
- Building a self-service culture that works. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce (10928332);Jul98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p60
Discusses employee self-service (ESS) projects in the United States. Reason behind the establishment of ESS by companies; Savings from ESS; ESS softwares available for use in the United States. INSETS: What ESS can help you do;ESS benefits and speed bumps.
- Managing. Shannon, Marcia Pennington // Law Practice: The Business of Practicing Law;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p62
The article offers step-by-step instructions on hiring the right people for a law firm and managing their talent.
- Keeping Up With AM Technologies. Wohlers, Terry // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Dec2011, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p39
The article looks at the technologies and applications of additive manufacturing (AM) and three-dimensional (3D) printing worldwide. It discusses the support given by the AM industry to the maker movement, a collection of activities in the growing do-it-yourself (DIY) community. It highlights...
- NATIONAL HARDWARE BRINGS IT HOME. Hamilton, Norman // Casual Living;Jun2012, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p51
Information about several papers discussed at the 67th Annual National Hardware Show (NHS) on renovations and do-it-yourself (DIY) work products are presented. Topics include home improvements, tailgate products, and lawn, garden and outdoor living exhibits. The show present the second annual...
- Eyes-Busy, Hands-Busy Computing. LARSON, JIM // Speech Technology Magazine;Winter2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p38
The author discusses various developments in mobile technologies and presents his views on areas that he thinks need further improvements. Technologies mentioned include smart phones and tablets, head-mounted displays, and camera technology. He stresses the need for improvement on hands-free...
- Make YOURSELF at home. Campbell, Macgregor // New Scientist;4/21/2012, Vol. 214 Issue 2861, p44
The article discusses how thousands of individuals who are wiring up their possessions and homes could usher in the next stage of the Internet. Topics include a growing movement in which individuals are merging the Internet with their physical world using off-the-shelf computer chips, sensors,...
- 'Making' our way through: DIY and crafting communities in Toronto. Hagedorn, Arden; Springgay, Stephanie // Craft Research;Jan2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p11
Drawing on an interview-based research project on Do-It-Yourself and crafting culture in Toronto, this essay explores three themes of 'why craft'?: the need for personal gratification and identity-building; the desire to build a community with shared values; and the need to connect with a sense...
- We need less of 'cool' and more of 'can do'. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/22/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p32
The article examines the drawbacks of modern technology and suggests practical do-it-yourself innovations. It is asserted that a wealthy country like the U.S. has unnecessary and inappropriate technology. Several web sites highlighting innovative and efficient solutions for areas that cannot...