Is your recognition program understood?
- Open communications provide key to good employee relations. Gilberg, Kenneth R. // Supervision;Apr93, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the need of executives to develop a comprehensive employee program to involve and motivate employees to become more competitive. Key elements of an employee program; Establishing clear communications; Creating a companywide plan; Assessing the important elements.
- Take Responsibility for Employee Performance. Packard, Monalu // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;05/14/2001, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p3
Emphasizes that management's failure to work with non-performing employees signals an indifference to staff development, creates distrust within the credit union and impairs employee job satisfaction. Communication problem between manager and employee; Feeling disengaged and disconnected from...
- Learning--and unlearning--helplessness. // Supervisory Management;Apr94, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p4
Stresses the importance of giving positive feedback and encouragement to eliminate learned helplessness in the work environment. Educator Janet Yena's training example as cited in `Creative Training Techniques' handbook; Creation of positive learning environment; Development of self-confidence.
- Corrective feedback that motivates. Deeprose, Donna // Supervisory Management;Apr94, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p7
Presents a quiz to assess how well a manager relays corrective feedback to motivate poorly performing employees. Criticism of employees in front of others; Reaction to inappropriate behavior; Use of sarcasm; Alternatives to supervisory behaviors that encourage confrontation and resentment.
- LEAD YOUR COMPANY TO SUCCESS. Pelletier, Ray // Credit Union Management;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p8
Discusses the importance of employee management and motivation in the achievement of company goals. Results of poor management; Effects of lack of communication; Guidelines in motivating employees.
- Focus on the past, not the future, to lift performance. // Managing People at Work;Apr2012, Issue 361, p5
The article offers suggestions on motivating employees and recommends on reflecting the individual's daily performance and communication skill.
- Cross-Cultural Awareness. Gardenswartz, Lee; Rowe, Anita // HR Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p139
Presents tips on managing employees with different cultural background. Cultural norms that influence the behavior of managers; Alternative approaches that lead to effective communication; Suggestions for employee development.
- Sharing Marketing 'SECRETS' Johnson, Nancy Perry // Rural Telecommunications;May/Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the issue of communication gap between the marketing department of a company and its other employees. Views of most employees on marketing; Effect of lack of communication among departments on the company's success; Importance of joint efforts between the marketing department and the...
- Explaining green benefits to employees. Rodriquez, Armando // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Jun2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p44
The article relates the importance of staff communication in introducing green cleaning systems to a facility. One can explain to cleaning workers that green cleaning is simply a different way to think about cleaning. It means that a building is cleaned not just for appearance, but to promote...