What you thought?
- How big an impact do shareholders have on HR? // Workforce (10928332);Mar1997, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p17
Presents a survey form for readers about the extent of impact that shareholders have on human resources (HR). List of questions about shareholders and HR relations; Telephone numbers to dial if participating; Last day of survey.
- Survey labels recruiting as top HR mission. // Employee Benefit News;Jun99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p45
Presents results of the 1998 Human Resources Practices Survey in the United States. Data on employee recruitment; Comments from Myron Roomkin, dean of the Kogod College of Business at American University.
- barometer result. // Personnel Today;5/6/2008, p2
The article presents the results of a readers' opinion poll about the future of HR. 31 percent people are positive about their fear for the future of HR while 69 percent are negative about it. A question about the promotion prospects of a flexible worker is also presented.
- NEWS BAROMETER. // Personnel Today;3/15/2005, p3
The article presents poll results of last week's question. Majority of the people agreed to the question if they support the introduction of mandatory pay audits. This week's question is does working in HR makes people depressed.
- barometer result. // Personnel Today;9/11/2007, p2
The article focuses on the results of an online poll on employee training. When asked whether union representatives get mandatory time off for training in Great Britain, 45% of the participants said no while 55% of them said yes. Another question mentioned in the article asks if human resource...
- Black Mobility in White Corporations: Up the Corporate Ladder but Out on a Limb. Collins, Sharon M. // Social Problems;Feb97, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p55
More than 30 years of social and political pressure to diversify corporate personnel and management teams has resulted in mere black managers but neglible gain for African American men in powerful decision- making jobs in corporate America. Against this backdrop, this paper asks if constraints...
- The BPO Boom. Fox, Adrienne; Britt, Julie // HR Magazine;Feb2004, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on an article that discussed the total business process outsourcing (BPO) approach to human resource (HR) management. Perception of HR outsourcing; Reasons for the popularity of BPO.
- barometer result. // Personnel Today;6/19/2007, p2
The article presents a public opinion poll on shifting of the human resource (HR) departments' work on the basics of personnel management. Majority of the respondents (87%) are of the opinion that HR should concentrate now on the basics, while 13% of respondents defy such strategy.
- The Crisis Gap in Humanitarian Management Leadership. Greenhalgh, Langdon // Fletcher Forum of World Affairs;Winter2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p161
The article looks at the crisis gap in humanitarian management leadership. The management leadership human resources pool is comprised of operational team leaders, coordinators and technical managers who effectively manage multi-faceted emergency responses in complex circumstances, according to...