E-mail bills may unintentionally hurt companies trying to
- Anti-spam Law May Snare Charities. Broder, Peter // LawNow;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p56
The article offers information on the troublesome computer communications Bill 28 or anti-spam legislation. It notes that Bill 28 provides to prohibit commercial electronic contact with individuals or entities without existing relationship or prior consent. However, the legislation can pose a...
- THE STORED COMMUNICATIONS ACT: AN OLD STATUTE FOR MODERN TIMES. MEDINA, MELISSA // American University Law Review;Oct2013, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p267
The article discusses the U.S. Stored Communications Act (SCA) and an individual's reasonable expectation of privacy in America as of October 2013, focusing on the U.S. Congress and the legal aspects of various emerging technologies. The scope of the SCA and access to stored e-mail messages are...
- Spam Bill's Bad Taste. Fixmer, Rob // Inter@ctive Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p6
Offers a personal view on the Unsolicited Electronic Email Act passed by the United States House. How the freedom of speech is being affected by the passage of the act.
- No spam for Des Moines. // Marketing News;06/07/99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, Honomichl 1999 p30
Reports on the approval by the Des Moines, Iowa Legislature of restrictions on unsolicited e-mail or `spam.' Purpose of the restrictions; Remarks from Chris Rants (R-Sioux City) about the measure.
- WHAM BAM, NO THANK YOU SPAM. // New Zealand Management;Jun2012, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses legal action by New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs' Anti-Spam Compliance Unit against an alleged spammer under the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act of 2007.
- SPAM SLAM. // Entrepreneur;Dec2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p101
Reports on regulations in California that bans unsolicited commercial electronic mail messages sent from the state or to any of its residents. Anti-spam measure in the state; Effectivity of the law starting January 1, 2004.
- Soapbox. Jones, Bob // Director;Nov2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the effect of the privacy law for electronic mails (emails) on the business. Comparison of the privacy of emails with the post and telephone calls; Confusion about the accessibility of emails by the employers; Importance of the concern on the issue from both employer and employees...
- New Law Cans Spam. // Association Management;Feb2004, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the passage of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, the first federal restrictions on unsolicited commercial e-mail in the U.S. Implementation of law and defining commercial electronic mail message; Exemptions of the provisions of the law; Regulation of e-mails that are commercial in nature.
- Click here for trouble. Anglebrandt, Gary // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p12
Reports on laws passed by the U.S. government regarding binding agreements for electronic mails and mail messages. Inclusion of binding statement in mail to avoid legal proceedings; Electronic mail tests put by courts; Reference to a legal case related to home-sale dispute.