Bakteriï¿½lnï¿½ choroby cukrovky
- P-strain erodes variety tolerance. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;3/15/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the cases of P-strain of rhizomania identified in sugar beet grown in Great Britain. Investigation conducted by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs; Characteristics of the strain.
- Frosts lower risk of virus-hit beet. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;2/28/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p49
Reports on the lower risk of virus yellows in sugar beet in 2003 because of frosts. Information on the annual Broom's Barn forecast for the sugar beet industry; Basis of the forecast.
- Sugar beet havoc. Allen-Stevens, Tom; Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;5/17/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p56
Reports on the sugar beet havoc faced by growers in East Anglia, England in May 2002. Factor that contributed to pest attacks on sugar beets; Suggestions on a herbicide strategy for sugar beet growers; Experience of some growers who redrilled patches of their fields.
- Virus yellows-resistant beet takes step nearer. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;2/28/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p50
Provides information on virus yellows-resistant sugar beet varieties as an alternative to insecticides. Importance of the availability of a modern resistant variety; Percentage of the British crop drilled with Gaucho-treated seed.
- More pest damage as drought takes its toll. Impey, Louise // Farmers Weekly;6/3/2011, Vol. 155 Issue 23, p49
The article discusses the highlights of a 2011 British Beet Research Organisation open day held in Suffolk, England. The event's agenda focused on the lack of rain as well as varieties and pest control. Mark Stevens of Broom's Barn attributed leaf miner and thrip damage to treated sugar beet...
- OdrÅ¯dy cukrovky registrovanÃ© v roce 2014. Hakaufová, Lenka // Listy Cukrovarnicke a Reparske;Ãºno2014, Vol. 130 Issue 2, p46
The tests were based in seven localities and on two systems of cultivation; with and without fungicidal treatment. Average yields in most localities reached 80 t.ha-1 and average sugar content more than 18 %. To get registered it is necessary to reach an index of min. 101.5 in at least one...
- Zï¿½sahy do prï¿½vnï¿½ ï¿½pravy vï¿½roby a dodï¿½vek cukru v Protektorï¿½tu Cechy a Morava. Tauchen, Jarom�r // Listy Cukrovarnicke a Reparske;Nov2012, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p354
After the constitution of the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia, controlled economy and ration system ware established; the sectors of sugar and beet industry were also included. The owners of sugar factories werw allowed to deliver sugar only to certain purchasers and for a price both...
- K bojÅ¯m cukrovarÅ¯ s Å™epaÅ™i o ceny cukrovky na MoravÄ› a ve Slezsku v prvnÃm desetiletÃ ÄŒeskoslovenskÃ© republiky. Čapka, František // Listy Cukrovarnicke a Reparske;May2013, Vol. 129 Issue 5/6, p197
Throughout the first decade of the new Czechoslovak state, sugar beet growers and sugar factories were "struggling" for the price of sugar beet. The article presents a brief look at the issue of sugar industry, which represented important export industry of the Czech lands, as it was built up...
- ï¿½kodlivï¿½ vï¿½skyty ponrav chrousta obecnï¿½ho na cukrovï¿½ a krmnï¿½ repe na ï¿½zemï¿½ Ceskï¿½ republiky - historickï¿½ prehled do roku 2008. Franti�ek Mu�ka; Krejcar, Zdenek; Jakl, Alois; Lamp�r, Lubom�r; Kazda, Jan; Ro�novsk�, Jaroslav; Anton�n Mu�ka // Listy Cukrovarnicke a Reparske;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 128 Issue 9/10, p296
Cockchafer (Melolontha Melolontha) larvae were typical sugar beet pest in the Czech Republic. This article summarizes the most important damages caused by this pest on beet crop till 2008. Significant damages occurred mainly until mid-1970s, the last one is from 1974. Today, cockchafer is...