NetLogo Implementation of an Evacuation Scenario
- Blowin' in the Wind. Wagner, Mark; Kopp, Kenneth; Kolasa, William E. // UMAP Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p311
The article presents information on a mathematical model to determine the optimal evacuation plan for coastal South Carolina in the event of a large hurricane. Since traffic from each coastal population center interferes little with traffic flowing from other areas being evacuated, a staggered...
- A GIS-Based Football Stadium Evacuation Model. Zale, Joslyn J.; Kar, Bandana // Southeastern Geographer;Spring2012, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p70
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has identified sports stadiums as part of the nation's critical infrastructure and potential terrorist targets. Therefore, evacuation planning and simulation have been identified as athletic event security best practices and standards. In this...
- Updated Evacuation Studies. // Emergency Management;Nov2010, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the plans of the Florida Division of Emergency Management to use new data from the Florida Coastal Mapping project to update the State Regional Evacuation Studies.
- The Study for the Emergency Management of Evacuation Imitation along the Commercial Pedestrian Street. Zuo Jin; Li Chen // Journal of Applied Sciences;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p3104
In the disaster management system, using informationalized technology to deal and prevent with the disaster has already became an important way. When disasters occurred, the refuge roads play an important role for ensuring the safety of the crowd and reducing the damagement At present, the...
- Risk factors for mortality in the Bangladesh cyclone of 1991. Bern, C.; Sniezek, J.; Mathbor, G. M.; Siddiqi, M. S.; Ronsmans, C.; Chowdhury, A. M. R.; Choudhury, A. E.; Islam, K.; Bennish, M.; Noji, E.; Glass, R. I. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1993, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p73
Cyclones continue to pose a dangerous threat to the coastal populations of Bangladesh, despite improvements in disaster control procedures. After 138 000 persons died in the April 1991 cyclone, we carried out a rapid epidemiological assessment to determine factors associated with cyclone-related...
- Video Shows Why Quileute Tribe Needs to Move Its Lower Village to Higher Ground. TIRADO, MICHELLE // American Indian Report;Mar2011, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p17
The article announces the release by Quileute Tribe of a video to educate the public on the urgency of moving out of a tsunami zone and an area prone to flooding.
- Community evacuation: Ensuring SAFE PASSAGE. Fickes, Michael // American City & County;Dec2002, Vol. 117 Issue 17, p70
Focuses on the partnership among local governments in the U.S. to develop and improve community evacuation during emergencies. Evacuation plan in Grand Forks, North Dakota for floods; Evacuation plan in New Orleans for hurricanes and floods; Technology used to improve community evacuation...
- Disaster Preparedness . Orient, Jane M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec85 Part 1, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p937
Looks at the emergency preparedness programs established by various countries. Swiss expenditures for civil defense preparedness; Philosophy of the Union Soviet Socialist Republic toward civil defense; Scope of the Soviet medical evacuation system; Factors influencing the success of...
- EVACUATION. // OECD Papers;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p23
Focuses on the concept of evacuation in nuclear emergency plans. Duration of an evacuation in contaminated areas; Basis for ending the evacuation; Factors considered during a nuclear accident.