GOLDEN PROPORTION IN PROSTHODONTICS PART-1
- Open Faced Denture an Aesthetic Option. Kumar, Lakshya; Chand, Pooran; Aeran, Himanshu; Yadav, Akanksha // Clinical Dentistry (0974-3979);Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p26
Brief Background: Edentulous patients with moderate to excessive labial fullness are mostly unable to adjust to complete denture prosthesis. This is because of the labial flange thickness; so such patients present a "Simian" appearance and the related aesthetic problems. The only alternative is...
- Using diagnostic impressions to evaluate the fit of existing removable prostheses. O'Callaghan, Michael G. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Aug2001, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p1128
Presents a technique that allows the dentist to determine accurately whether patients will benefit from a reline of their existing prostheses without a large investment of time or materials. Periodical relining and rebasing of removable dentures in ensuring long-term denture function and...
- Enhancing Facial Esthetics by Other Modalities. Suman, Thotapalli // International Journal of Dentistry;2011, p1
Preprosthetic surgeries are generally dealt with surgical procedures performed to facilitate fabrication of prosthesis or improve the prognosis of prosthodontic care. In general the surgical procedures include various soft and hard tissue procedures which are restricted intraorally....
- GOLDEN PROPORTION IN PROSTHODONTIC. Singh, Parul; Rai, Manish; Singh, Ajay // Guident;Jan2013, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses the effectiveness of the golden proportion method in prosthodontics. It states that the method is applicable in fabrication of prostheses for maxillofacial defects such in the case of ocular prosthesis as well as in finger prosthesis fabrication. It highlights the...
- On the face of it. Hancocks, Stephen // British Dental Journal;12/8/2012, Vol. 213 Issue 11, p537
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the positive psychological benefits of prosthodontic restorations, the role of cosmetic dentistry, and of dental physician.
- Fabricating high-quality provisional restorations for indirect inlays, onlays or crown preparations. Hester, Randall E. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jul99, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p1093
Presents guidelines on the fabrication of high-quality custom provisional tooth restorations. Procedure as an important aspect of dental treatment; Use of bonding composite or other temporary material to re-establish tooth contours; Trimming and adjustment of provisional restoration for proper...
- Welcome aboard! Simonsen, Richard J. // American Journal of Esthetic Dentistry;Fall2011, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p5
The article offers information on the first issue of "The American Journal of Esthetic Dentistry," which aims to promote the highest clinical standards of esthetic dentistry.
- "Feel-good society". Devigus, Alessandro // European Journal of Esthetic Dentistry;Summer2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p133
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses a report in the issue concerning aesthetics in medicine and society and how it impacts dentistry.
- CORECTÄ‚RI PROTETICE ALE AGENEZIEI DE INCISIV LATERAL MAXILAR. Picoş, Alina Monica; Lasserre, Jean François; Kurtinecz, Andrea Maria // Clujul Medical;Mar2010, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p186
Congenitally missing or peg shaped lateral incisor are relatively frequent and determine important aesthetic problems. Modern treatments as implant-suported crowns or conventional prosthetics they both can resolve this clinical situation: individual conditions will decide the most appropriate...