NITROGEN FERTILIZER TYPE AND RATE EFFECTS ON GROWTH AND YIELD RESPONSE OF SOYBEAN VARIETIES
- EFFECT OF NITROGENOUS FERTILIZER ON THE GROWTH AND YIELD OF TEA (CAMELLIA SINENSIS L.) PRUNED IN CURVED VS FLAT SHAPE. Qamar-uz-Zaman; Sarwar, Sair; Ahmad, Fayaz; Hamid, F. S. // Journal of Agricultural Research;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p477
Effect of nitrogenous fertilizer on the growth and yield of mature tea crop pruned in flat vs curved shape, was studied at National Tea Research Institute, Shinkiari, Mansehra, Pakistan during the year 2010. The layout system was RCBD with split plot arrangement having three replications. The...
- Soybean variety selection key to continued growth in area. Roberson, Roy // Southeast Farm Press;3/19/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p16
The article presents information on the importance of selecting good varieties of soybean for good production in the Upper Southeast, and soybean varieties Maturity Groups IV through VIII.
- Advice on selecting 2013 varieties. LICHT, MARK // Wallaces Farmer;Jan2013, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p22
In this article, the author offers recommends the selection of soybean varieties to achieve improved soybean yields in 2013.
- Think outside the box to pick varieties. Bechman, Tom J. // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Jan2012, Vol. 186 Issue 1, p16
The article provides information on proper picking of soy varieties.
- Research shows value of splitting nitrogen in corn. Hollis, Paul L. // Southeast Farm Press;6/1/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on a two-year study conducted by researchers at the Tennessee Valley Research and Extension Center and the E. V. Smith Research Center in Alabama from 2009-2010 regarding the impact of nitrogen fertilizer in corn. Findings of the study reveal that high nitrogen rates were...
- Syngenta introduces 19 soybean varieties. // Southeast Farm Press;12/7/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p36
The article reports on the release of Syngenta AG in North America to 19 NK brand soybean varieties for the growing season of 2012 which provide options for growers to maximize yield under a variety of growing conditions.
- Minnesota releases new oat, spring wheat, soybean varieties for 2014. // Farmer;Nov2013, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p34
The article offers information related to the launch of several varieties of crops including Deon oats, a new high yielding variety, Linkert, a high-quality hard red spring wheat, and MN0083, an early-maturing soybean, for 2014 by the University of Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Help available for April soybean plantings. // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/31/2013, p4
The article announces the availability of "Soybean Updates," by Jeremy Ross of the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture, to help growers decide on which varieties might work best in soybean plantings in April 2013. According to him, yield performance in April plantings varies in...
- Choose soybean varieties carefully. Anderson, Barb Baylor // Corn & Soybean Digest;Oct2013, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p46
The article focuses on the importance of proper soybean variety selection to ensure maximum yield potential and return on investment per field. It cites the results of the University of Illinois' Variety Testing which found that soybean yields per acre vary depending on variety, by as much as 20...