NITROGEN FERTILIZER TYPE AND RATE EFFECTS ON GROWTH AND YIELD RESPONSE OF SOYBEAN VARIETIES
- EFFECT OF NITROGENOUS FERTILIZER ON THE GROWTH AND YIELD OF TEA (CAMELLIA SINENSIS L.) PRUNED IN CURVED VS FLAT SHAPE. Qamar-uz-Zaman; Sarwar, Sair; Ahmad, Fayaz; Hamid, F. S. // Journal of Agricultural Research;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p477
Effect of nitrogenous fertilizer on the growth and yield of mature tea crop pruned in flat vs curved shape, was studied at National Tea Research Institute, Shinkiari, Mansehra, Pakistan during the year 2010. The layout system was RCBD with split plot arrangement having three replications. The...
- Advice on selecting 2013 varieties. LICHT, MARK // Wallaces Farmer;Jan2013, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p22
In this article, the author offers recommends the selection of soybean varieties to achieve improved soybean yields in 2013.
- Methods and quantitative parameters for evaluating the adaptability of soybean varieties to environmental factors. Jin - yu LI; Shi SUN; Tian - fu HAN // Chinese Journal of Oil Crop Sciences;
Ecological adaptability is one of the major objectives of soybean breeding. Accurately identifying and evaluating the varietal adaptability is the premise to breed widely - grown soybean varieties. In the process of its growth, development and yield formation, soybean plant is not only directly...
- Think outside the box to pick varieties. Bechman, Tom J. // Indiana Prairie Farmer;Jan2012, Vol. 186 Issue 1, p16
The article provides information on proper picking of soy varieties.
- Research shows value of splitting nitrogen in corn. Hollis, Paul L. // Southeast Farm Press;6/1/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on a two-year study conducted by researchers at the Tennessee Valley Research and Extension Center and the E. V. Smith Research Center in Alabama from 2009-2010 regarding the impact of nitrogen fertilizer in corn. Findings of the study reveal that high nitrogen rates were...
- Syngenta introduces 19 soybean varieties. // Southeast Farm Press;12/7/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p36
The article reports on the release of Syngenta AG in North America to 19 NK brand soybean varieties for the growing season of 2012 which provide options for growers to maximize yield under a variety of growing conditions.
- Minnesota releases new oat, spring wheat, soybean varieties for 2014. // Farmer;Nov2013, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p34
The article offers information related to the launch of several varieties of crops including Deon oats, a new high yielding variety, Linkert, a high-quality hard red spring wheat, and MN0083, an early-maturing soybean, for 2014 by the University of Minnesota Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Basics to consider in soybean selection. STATON, MIKE // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Dec2012, Vol. 316 Issue 12, p45
The article offers information on the basic things to consider in soybean selection. One thing to consider is yield because it is the most important characteristics when selecting soybean varieties. Another one is maturity range of the varieties, which also affects the net income. Also suggested...
- Help available for April soybean plantings. // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/31/2013, p4
The article announces the availability of "Soybean Updates," by Jeremy Ross of the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture, to help growers decide on which varieties might work best in soybean plantings in April 2013. According to him, yield performance in April plantings varies in...