The environmental impact assessment of wheat and barley production by using life cycle assessment (LCA) methodology
- A Holistic View of Global Croplands and Their Water Use for Ensuring Global Food Security in the 21st Century through Advanced Remote Sensing and Non-remote Sensing Approaches. Thenkabail, Prasad S.; Hanjra, Munir A.; Dheeravath, Venkateswarlu; Gumma, Muralikrishna // Remote Sensing;Mar2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p211
This paper presents an exhaustive review of global croplands and their water use, for the end of last millennium, mapped using remote sensing and non-remote sensing approaches by world's leading researchers on the subject. A comparison at country scale of global cropland area estimated by these...
- PRODUCTIVITY OF COTTON UNDER DIFFERENT SYSTEM OF FERTILIZER APPLICATION UNDER IRRIGATED CONDITIONS IN SOUTHERN RUSSIA. Tokareva, N. D.; Shakhmedova, G. S.; Dedova, Yu. I.; Pilipenko, V. N. // Theoretical & Applied Problems of Agro-industry;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p25
For the Astrakhan region in terms of irrigated agriculture the best conditions for growth, development and productivity of cotton plants are using a single mineral fertilizers before sowing dose of nitrogen 100 kg/ga, phosphorus 80 kg/ga, potassium 40 kg/ga.
- APPLICATION OF SUPER ABSORBENT POLYMERS WITH NITROGEN FERTILIZER IN RAPESEED (BRASSICA NAPUS L.) PRODUCTION UNDER DIFFERENT IRRIGATION REGIMES. Shirani Rad, A. H.; Bitarafan, Z.; Dehshiri, A. // Indian Journal of Agricultural Research;Jun2013, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p220
To assess the effect of zeolite as a natural super absorbent and nitrogen on seed yield, oil yield, oil content and some fatty acids (oleic acid, linoleic acid and linolenic acid) of rapeseed (Brassica napus L.- cv. Okapi) grown under different irrigation regimes, a field study was conducted in...
- Effect on growth and yield of wheat under different methods of sowing and N management strategies. Kumar, Mahesh; Yadav, Ashok // Journal of Plant Science Research;2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p145
Two years experiment was carried out to study the effect on growth and yield of wheat under different methods of sowing and N management strategies. Sowing of wheat under FIRBS with 3 and 2 rows per bed showed yield superiority of 12.5 and 8.3 per cent, respectively over flat sowing. Compared to...
- Economic and environmental assessment of the performance of reduced rates of two post-emergence herbicides in an arid irrigated production system of central Australia: a pilot study. Hidalgo, Martin; Oliver, Glen; Raghu, S. // Plant Protection Quarterly;2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p49
The use of herbicides can add considerable costs to production practices on marginal land, and increase risks to environmental and human health. The relative performance of label and sub-label rates of the post-emergence herbicides (Amitrole T and Basta) and label rates of Roundup was compared...
- Ecology (communications arising): Is fertilization efficiency misleading? Hafner, Sasha D. // Nature;3/27/2003, Vol. 422 Issue 6930, p397
Given the need to increase crop production in the future while minimizing any associated impact on the environment, it is important to understand the relationship between global crop production and fertilization. Tilman et al. argue that fertilization beyond current levels is unlikely to...
- THE CHARACTERISTICS OF TRITICALE CULTIVATED IN RURAL AREAS. LALEVIĆ, Dragana; BIBERDŽIĆ, Milan; JELIĆ, Miodrag; BARAĆ, Saša // Agriculture & Forestry / Poljoprivreda i Sumarstvo;2012, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p27
In the research conducted in the north of Montenegro during the years of 2005-2007, we studied the possibility of growing triticale as a relatively new plant species in this production area. We studied the influence of the variety, the climate conditions and the fertilisation on pheno-phases and...
- Irrigation swell on rented land. DANEHOWER, CHUCK // Carolina Virginia Farmer;Feb2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the importance of irrigation to increase the agricultural productivity and states that landowners and farmers are adopting irrigation on leased grounds to increase production after drought.
- More yield, less water. // Texas Agriculture Magazine;11/2/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the report titled "Status and Trends of Irrigated Agriculture in Texas," which shows that farmers and ranchers in Texas have increased their productivity with the improvements of irrigation technology, crop management, and genetics.