Study of Store Image Attributes Effect on Customer Satisfaction Among Malaysian Customers
- Wholesalers Drop Small Accounts. Joukhadar, Kristina // Circulation Management;May2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the magazine circulation problems of small retailers in the U.S. Problem faced by 7-Eleven Inc. to find a distributor for magazines in its stores; Agreement reached by 7-Eleven with Current News; Percentage of magazine retail sales in convenience stores.
- Chinese convenience store sales to rise. // Market: Asia Pacific;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the growth of convenience store sales in China in 2004. Increase in Chinese retail sales; Number of stores which 7-Eleven Inc. plans to operate in the Beijing metropolitan area; Reason behind the low profit of convenience store chains.
- 7-Eleven to Open Four More Convenience Stores. Rosa, Ta�na // Caribbean Business;3/10/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p4
Reports that 7-Eleven Inc. of Puerto Rico, the licensee for the 7-Eleven convenience retail store chain in Puerto Rico, is investing to open four stores in the country. Locations of the stores.
- 7-Eleven Expands Offering of "Better-for-You" Foods. Belanger, Mehgan // Convenience Store News;2/12/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the retail expansion of the Dallas, Texas-based international food retailer company 7-Eleven Inc. The expansion will include retail varieties of fruits, vegetables, salads, sugar-free Slurpees and portion- and calorie-controlled foods to be offered by its 7,100 stores....
- FROM SLURPEES TO ENERGY DRINKS. Karlin, Beth // Retail Traffic;Aug2005, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p2
Comments on the new food offerings at a store of 7-Eleven Inc. in Manhattan, New York City. Choice of healthy energy drinks available at the store; Availability of fresh-food offering; Inspiration of management in setting up the urban store profile.
- A Wall Street Wow. Vonder Haar, Melissa // CSP;Sep2013, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the launch of a new location of 7-eleven Inc.'s stores in Manhattan, New York City. It notes that the new location appears to be a trendy cafe compared to the traditional image most consumers associate with a convenience store. It highlights 7-Eleven Inc.'s large Amazon...
- The Customer Satisfaction Research of 7-ELEVEn Stores in Hong Kong. Yongmei Xu; Xiaowen Ye; Fan Zhang // Journal of Service Science & Management;Mar2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p46
Using the 7-ELEVEn stores in Hong Kong as an example, this paper has studied customer satisfaction from the point of view of the enterprise. This paper has established a retail enterprise customer satisfaction model based on CCSI models. The secondary indexes of this customer satisfaction model...
- 7-Eleven Phone Cards: Out With the Gross, In With the Net. // Chain Store Age;Mar2004, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p135
Reports on the transition of the U.S.-based retailer 7-Eleven to a prepaid phone-card system allowing its stores to activate prepaid cards as they are purchased. Method applied to its prepaid phone-card sales; Impact of the transition on reported merchandise sales and gross profit-margin...
- Business Before Technology. // Chain Store Age;Jul2004 Supplement, Vol. 80, p22A
Discusses the use of information technology (IT) by retail company 7-Eleven under the management of CIO Keith Morrow. Experiences of Morrow in IT management; Limitation of IT projects; Services offered by the company's Vcom interactive kiosks; Functions of the Retail Information System used by...