TOWARDS ROBUST LOCALIZATION OF RTK-GPS TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEYS
- Tool tips on GNSS receivers and satellite coordinate systems. // Point of Beginning;Sep2008, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p54
The article presents questions and answers related to survey including the difference between Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, Glomass receivers, and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), and the use of GPS coordinates to enable easy conversion on a plane coordinate systems such...
- Aerial survey techniques come down to earth. Korte, George B. // Point of Beginning;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p14
Part XIII. Describes the survey map generated by combining Global Positioning System (GPS) and digital orthophotography technologies. Creation of base map for geographic information systems; Collection of precise position data using GPS; Steps in generating the survey map. INSET: Digital...
- maps & comps. Cirincione, John // Valuation;3rd Quarter 2010, p31
The article focuses on the advantage of DeLorme global positioning system (GPS) navigation and mapping software, which instantly create a map to enter 12 property addresses with both visual and voice navigation and routing management capabilities.
- Future mapping. Aragon, Lawrence // PC Week;7/25/94, Vol. 11 Issue 29, pA/1
Features the mapping software products and global positioning devices for laptops and personal digital assistants (PDA) offered by the hardware and software companies for truck drivers. Road Scholar's GPS (global positioning system) Personal Computer Memory Card International Association...
- FROM THE FRONTIER. Funk, McKenzie; Haney, Mike // Popular Science;Jun2004, Vol. 264 Issue 6, p108
Focuses on the OziExplorer global positioning system mapping software. Capability of the software; Information on how the software helped Western tourists to navigate the Pamir Mountains in Tajikistan; Advantages of using the software.
- Cultivating GNSS. Stenmark, John // Point of Beginning;Nov2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on Global positioning systems (GPS) or global navigation satellite systems (GNSS). Earlier the primary techniques for GPS surveying included kinematic methods in comparison to recently used real-time techniques for both surveying and mapping applications. Can-Net, the Cansel...
- Ancient roads and GPS survey: modelling the Amarna Plain. Fenwick, Helen // Antiquity;Dec2004, Vol. 78 Issue 302, p880
Remote mapping is painting in the context and filling the gaps of some of the best known archaeological places. Here Helen Fenwick shows what can be done to understand the 'blank' part of the great site at Tell el-Amarna using a differential GPS.
- Get maximum info from yield maps. Trcka, Paul A. // Dakota Farmer;Feb2011, p60
The article offers tips on how to maximize the Global Positioning System (GPS) yield maps in agriculture including collecting of accurate data through deliberate yield monitor calibration, considering the right map, and seeking an advice from expert.
- get on the map. Atwill, Lionel // Field & Stream;Sep2000, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p80
Features a map-making technique for hunters that combines computer mapping software with a global positioning system (GPS) that has computer downloading capability.