TOWARDS ROBUST LOCALIZATION OF RTK-GPS TOPOGRAPHIC SURVEYS
- CENTIMETER-LEVEL, ROBUST GNSS-AIDED INERTIAL POST-PROCESSING FOR MOBILE MAPPING WITHOUT LOCAL REFERENCE STATIONS. Hutton, J. J.; Gopaul, N.; Zhang, X.; Wang, J.; Menon, V.; Rieck, D.; Kipka, A.; Pastor, F. // International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing & S;2016, Vol. 41 Issue B3, p819
For almost two decades mobile mapping systems have done their georeferencing using Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) to measure position and inertial sensors to measure orientation. In order to achieve cm level position accuracy, a technique referred to as post-processed carrier phase...
- Tool tips on GNSS receivers and satellite coordinate systems. // Point of Beginning;Sep2008, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p54
The article presents questions and answers related to survey including the difference between Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, Glomass receivers, and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), and the use of GPS coordinates to enable easy conversion on a plane coordinate systems such...
- Primeros veinte aÃ±os de SIRGAS. Brunini, Claudio; Sánchez, Laura // Revista CartogrÃ¡fica;ene-dic2013, Issue 89, p7
This contribution describes the cornerstones of the first twenty years of the "Geocentric Reference System for the Americas" (in Spanish SIRGAS), while it pays tribute to the institutions and personalities that made it possible. In chronological order the story includes: the episodes that led to...
- Aerial survey techniques come down to earth. Korte, George B. // Point of Beginning;Jun/Jul95, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p14
Part XIII. Describes the survey map generated by combining Global Positioning System (GPS) and digital orthophotography technologies. Creation of base map for geographic information systems; Collection of precise position data using GPS; Steps in generating the survey map. INSET: Digital...
- maps & comps. Cirincione, John // Valuation;3rd Quarter 2010, p31
The article focuses on the advantage of DeLorme global positioning system (GPS) navigation and mapping software, which instantly create a map to enter 12 property addresses with both visual and voice navigation and routing management capabilities.
- get on the map. Atwill, Lionel // Field & Stream;Sep2000, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p80
Features a map-making technique for hunters that combines computer mapping software with a global positioning system (GPS) that has computer downloading capability.
- Cultivating GNSS. Stenmark, John // Point of Beginning;Nov2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on Global positioning systems (GPS) or global navigation satellite systems (GNSS). Earlier the primary techniques for GPS surveying included kinematic methods in comparison to recently used real-time techniques for both surveying and mapping applications. Can-Net, the Cansel...
- FROM THE FRONTIER. Funk, McKenzie; Haney, Mike // Popular Science;Jun2004, Vol. 264 Issue 6, p108
Focuses on the OziExplorer global positioning system mapping software. Capability of the software; Information on how the software helped Western tourists to navigate the Pamir Mountains in Tajikistan; Advantages of using the software.
- You Are Here. Iozzio, Corinne // Popular Science;Feb2013, Vol. 282 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses the use of crowdsourcing to map indoor areas. The author notes that mapping services and methods, such as Google Street View car, are not able to plot accurate course indoors. Topics include how broader cell connectivity has prompted changes in mapping methodologies, how...