- Commissioning of 1st Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft (Missile). // Hilal;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p37
The article reports that the First Fast Attack Craft Missile PNS AZMAT was commissioned at Xingang Shipyard China.
- Editor's Note:. Rospond, Vincent // Journal of America's Military Past;Spring/Summer2015, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue including "Pelican Gunboats," "Saga of the 8-inch Guns," and "Fleet City."
- Vietnamese Navy to Order Additional Fast Attack Craft. // Sea Power;Dec2003, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p42
Reports on the order of the Vietnamese Navy of fast attack craft from Vympel Design Bureau in Russia. Design of the fast attack craft; Delivery of the first set of aircrafts; Reason of the move of the Navy to order fast attack craft.
- Egypt to Buy Used Ships From Serbia-Montenegro. // Sea Power;Jul2004, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the Egyptian Navy's plan to purchase two Koni-class corvettes and five Osa-I class fast-attack craft from Serbia-Montenegro. Overhauling of a Koni unit prior to transfer; Description of the Serbia-Montenegro Koni corvette variant; Egypt's search for used vessels in light of its...
- Norway Approves Purchase Of New Skjold-Class FACs. Preston, Antony // Sea Power;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p37
Announces the approval by the Norwegian government to purchase several Skjold-class surface-effect fast attack craft (FAC). Aim of the move; Beneficiary of the decision of the Norwegian government to purchase several FAC; Responsibility assigned to the Kongsberg Group.
- Launch of 2nd Fast Attack Craft (Missile) PNS DEHSHAT. // Hilal;2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p36
The article reports on the launching of the second Fast Attack Craft (Missile) PNS DEHSHAT which was held at the Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works Ltd. (KS&EW).
- Turkish Defense Spending To Rise Through 2015. // Sea Power;Oct2010, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p40
The article offers world news briefs related to naval defense. Turkey is expected to increase its defense budget through 2015. Yemen is making arrangement with Russia for the procurement of fast attack crafts (FACs) as replacement of the Yemeni Navy's strike force. The Irish government has...
- U.S. Navy to deploy solid-state laser weapon to protect Gulf assets. // Geo-Strategy Direct;4/24/2013, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Navy is planning to deploy a laser to protect its assets from Iranian attack in the Gulf. The laser would be fitted on the USS Ponce, described as a floating base near the coast of Bahrain. The laser could stop scores of fast attack craft by Iran's Islamic...
- FAST PATROL BOATS -- AND ENDANGERED SPECIES? // Naval Forces;2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p100
Assesses the utility and future life of Fast Patrol Boats (FPB) in the U.S. Criteria for categorizing FPB including tonnage and speed; Missions being accomplished in out-of-area littorals that present a problem to traditional FPB; Reason for Navies to operate FPB; Refionally-grouped Navies...