A SYNTHETIC HAIGH DIAGRAM FOR SINTERED STRUCTURAL STEELS
- A microstructure based magnetization reversal model in sintered Fe-Nd-B magnets. II. Effect of post sintering treatments. Ramesh, R. // Journal of Applied Physics;12/1/1990, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p5772
Examines the effect of post sintering heat treatments on the intrinsic coercivity of Fe-Nd-B magnets. Methods of preparing bulk magnets; Characteristics of sintered magnets; Explanation for stresses in magnets upon quenching.
- FATIGUE BEHAVIOR AND WEAR RESISTANCE OF SINTER-HARDENING STEELS. Dlapka, Magdalena; Danninger, Herbert; Gierl, Christian; Klammer, Edgar; Weiss, Brigitte; Khatibi, Golta; Betzwar-Kotas, Agnieszka // International Journal of Powder Metallurgy;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p49
Sinter hardening is a method of continuously increasing industrial relevance due to the fact that it is an energy- and cost-saving way of producing high-performance powder metallurgy (PM) parts for applications requiring high fatigue performance and wear resistance. In the present study...
- Variation effect of bottom pipe in water-course on their competence. Muraveva, L. V. // Volgogradskogo Gosudarstvennogo Arhitekturno-Stroitelnogo Univer;2012, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p41
The aim of fatigue calculation is include in the test on the conformance of the construction with the required life. The performance of fatigue assessment (in need of case - detailed fatigue calculation of all it elements which are exposed cyclic influence) is required for guarantee of...
- Dissipative heating of a viscoelastic cylinder steadily rolling over a rigid foundation. Karnaukhov, V.; Revenko, Yu. // International Applied Mechanics;Jan2006, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p51
A dissipative-heating problem for an incompressible viscoelastic cylinder rolling over a rigid foundation is solved. The effect of tangential stresses on the dissipative-heating temperature is examined
- High Strength Engineering Fasteners: Design for Fatigue Resistance. O’Brien, M.; Metcalfe, R. // Journal of Failure Analysis & Prevention;Apr2009, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p171
One of the most frequently encountered causes of failure in engineering fasteners is fatigue. Typical locations for the fatigue of fasteners are the stress concentrations represented by the head to shank fillet, the first engaged thread and the thread runout. These locations are examined in...
- Development of methods for designing structural elements made of structurally heterogeneous materials by developing physicomechanical models. Kuksa, L.; Arzamaskova, L.; Evdokimov, E.; Sergeev, A. // Strength of Materials;Jul2006, Vol. 38 Issue 4, | BUILDING materials p404
Methods for designing structural elements made of structurally heterogeneous materials by developing vectorial models and studying the scale effect of elastic properties have been developed. Results of calculation of stress-strain states with allowance for structural and geometric factors of...
- Stress Strain State and Damage Accumulation in Stress Concentration Zones for Parts with Hardened Surface Under Low Cycle Loading. Daunys, M.; Sabaliauskas, A. // Proceedings of the 12th International Conference (Mechanika 2007;2007, p68
This paper provides experimental and analytical evaluation of durability of nonhardened and hardened by electromechanical treatment (EMT) specimens of grade 45 steel with stress concentrators, under low cycle tension-compression and pure bending. For both type of loading modes was carried out...
- Research on methods of improving fatigue property of low-strength steel welded joints. Chunrun Li; Zhenping Cao; Zongtao Fang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 538, p48
TIG dressing combined with ultrasonic peening was conducted on low-strength steel Q235B in this paper, the fatigue strength of which was compared with original welding state, TIG dressing and ultrasonic peening respectively. The results indicate that fatigue strength of welded joints treated by...
- THE ISSUE OF LOW CYCLE FATIGUE SCOPE IN THE DESCRIPTION OF TWO-PARAMETER FATIGUE CHARACTERISTICS. SZALA, Grzegorz // Key Engineering Materials;2014, Vol. 598, p225
This paper discusses the issue connected with determination of the low cycle fatigue scope for the two-parameter fatigue characteristics. Low cycle fatigue (LCF) and high cycle fatigue (HCF) evaluation criterion for constructional steel (C45, S355J0 and 41Cr4) has been discussed.