Mark Dennis, Mad Sculptor
- Mark Dennis, Mad Sculptor. Weissler, Deb // Dolls;Sep2012, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p54
The article features Mark Dennis, a sculptor of dolls. It mentions that veteran sculptor Dennis has a background in theatre art, landscape design, and literature which reflects in the aspects of his works. It says that Dennis' figures are often clothed in silk, leather, and feathers. It adds...
- MARK A. DENNIS. // Doll Reader;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p16
The article offers information on the "Beauty and the Beast," a two-figure doll sculpture of Mark A. Dennis.
- Mark Dennis finds his Passion. // Doll Reader;Apr2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on doll artist Mark Dennis who find a new passion in dollmaking after an injury forced him to retire from his landscaping job.
- Mark Dennis: Labors of Love. // Dolls;Feb2008, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p32
An interview with doll artist Mark Dennis is presented. He talks about his new line of African-American slave laborer dolls. When asked what drew him, a Northern white man, to represent the African-American experience of pre-Civil War Southern laborers, he says he feels connected to the people...
- Best Of SDA! 2011 Contest. Dunn, Joann // Soft Dolls & Animals!;Nov2011, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p50
The article announces the winners of the "Best of Soft Dolls & Animals (SDA)!" 2011 Contest featuring dolls created by readers from previously published patterns. It states that doll Gwendolyn and Malfred received the grand prize award. Moreover, the Scarlet Witch won as the first runner up,...
- Celebrity babies, wooden delights and other treasures. Hodges, Betty // Collectors Mart Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the changes in the doll market in the U.S. Creation of fabric costumes for the dolls; Production of baby dolls based on actual pictures of celebrities by the Franklin Mint; Emergence of the Russian dollmakers.
- Snippets. Kulman, Marie; Dunkle, Betsy; Lunsford, Laura // Soft Dolls & Animals!;Oct/Nov2015, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p60
Several letters consisting of tips for toy making is presented including doll clothing, use of jewels as eyes for dolls, and use of wallpaper paste in doll making.
- HALLOWEEN HOOLIGANS! // Soft Dolls & Animals!;Nov2009, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p48
Photographs of several Halloween dolls are presented which include Frank dolls by Lish Ashcraft, a Lily doll by Judy Washington and the "Waiting for Halloween" doll by Janet Bodin.
- You DID WHAT? with that Pattern?! // Soft Dolls & Animals!;Nov2009, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p58
Photographs of several doll patterns are presented which include a Polly doll pattern tried by Joan Bean, a stump doll pattern by Terese Cato and the "Tobey the Elf" pattern by Laura Lee Ruckle.