The Challenging and Exciting Future of Medical Surgical Nursing
- Engaging Clinical Nurses in Quality Improvement Projects. Moore, Susan; Stichler, Jaynelle F. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Oct2015, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p470
Clinical nurses have the knowledge and expertise required to provide efficient and proficient patient care. Time and knowledge deficits can prevent nurses from developing and implementing quality improvement or evidence-based practice projects. This article reviews a process for professional...
- New education programs help nurses obtain and maintain skills. // OR Manager;Aug2014, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the partnership of hospitals in Texas and Wisconsin with the academia and the Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) to add the PeriOp 101 curriculum to the nursing program to develop operating room (OR) nurses of the future.
- Unique education opportunities for practice nurses. // Practice Nurse;6/13/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p10
The article reports the commitment of the Health Education North Central and East London (HENCEL) to increase the number of qualified practice nurses who are at graduate or post graduate level.
- Untitled. Wood, Elizabeth // OR Manager;6/1/2015, p1
The article discusses need for a standardized educational program for perioperative nursing, and offers information on the U.S. Institute of Medicine's recommendation for all nurses to obtain a bachelor's of science in nursing by 2020. It informs about Center to Champion Nursing in America...
- PREPARING THE NEXT GENERATION OF NURSE LEADERS. Yates, Rowena R. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p531
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the training of nurses.
- The media critique of the Liverpool Care Pathway: some implications for nursing education. Watts, Tessa // International Journal of Palliative Nursing;Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p275
End-of-life care pathways are championed around the globe as tools that might be used to enhance the quality of care at the very end of a person's life. This paper examines recent negative media discourse in the UK about the Liverpool Care Pathway for the Dying Patient (LCP). This media coverage...
- Australia's battle for sun-kissed skin and specialty recognition. MENDES, AYSHA // Journal of Aesthetic Nursing;Apr2015, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p138
No abstract available.
- Lifelong Learning: Improving Patient Care and Nursing Practice. Fights, Sandra D. // MEDSURG Nursing;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p193
The author discusses continuing education in medical-surgical nursing practice. Certification is a way to demonstrate knowledge and skill in a practice area. The author comments on the opportunity that the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) Annual Convention provides for continuing...
- Write a practice profile. // Nursing Standard;10/28/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p60
The article provides the requirements for submission of a practice profile in order to obtain a certificate of learning.