The Challenging and Exciting Future of Medical Surgical Nursing
- New education programs help nurses obtain and maintain skills. // OR Manager;Aug2014, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the partnership of hospitals in Texas and Wisconsin with the academia and the Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) to add the PeriOp 101 curriculum to the nursing program to develop operating room (OR) nurses of the future.
- Unique education opportunities for practice nurses. // Practice Nurse;6/13/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p10
The article reports the commitment of the Health Education North Central and East London (HENCEL) to increase the number of qualified practice nurses who are at graduate or post graduate level.
- PREPARING THE NEXT GENERATION OF NURSE LEADERS. Yates, Rowena R. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p531
A letter to the editor is presented which is concerned with the training of nurses.
- The media critique of the Liverpool Care Pathway: some implications for nursing education. Watts, Tessa // International Journal of Palliative Nursing;Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p275
End-of-life care pathways are championed around the globe as tools that might be used to enhance the quality of care at the very end of a person's life. This paper examines recent negative media discourse in the UK about the Liverpool Care Pathway for the Dying Patient (LCP). This media coverage...
- Lifelong Learning: Improving Patient Care and Nursing Practice. Fights, Sandra D. // MEDSURG Nursing;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p193
The author discusses continuing education in medical-surgical nursing practice. Certification is a way to demonstrate knowledge and skill in a practice area. The author comments on the opportunity that the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) Annual Convention provides for continuing...
- New CPD standard. Davis, Jodie // Australian Nursing Journal;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p21
The article reports that the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) has developed new minimum requirements for CPD.
- CE questions. // Case Management Advisor;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p60
The article presents a quiz for continuing education credit related to the articles on case management in this issue.
- Write a practice profile. // Nursing Standard;10/14/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p60
The article describes the requirements and format for submitting a practice profile to the publication.
- Write a practice profile. // Nursing Standard;12/2/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p60
The article offers instructions on how to submit a practice profile in order to receive a certificate of learning.