Plant regeneration through somatic embryogenesis from immature and mature zygotic embryos of Musa acuminata ssp. burmannica
- Efficient plant regeneration via somatic embryogenesis in bulbing fennel using immature flower explants. Fiore, Maria; Carimi, Francesco; Carra, Angela; Sunseri, Francesco // In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology Plant;Oct2012, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p440
The article presents a study which investigated the in vitro responses of immature flowers of bulbing fennel as explants in order to optimize plant regeneration techniques via somatic embryogenesis. It also examined the effects of different auxin/cytokinin combinations on induction of somatic...
- Effect of Various Treatment on Banana Ripening. Farid, Huda Ahmed Ridda // Ahfad Journal;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Presents a study which investigated the response of bananas to elevated temperatures in comparison to chilling temperatures and the relationship between changes during ripening. Peel color score of the bananas from heat treatment; Pulp rupture force of the bananas from cold treatment; Total...
- COMPARISON OF 'DWARF CAVENDISH' AND 'GRAND NAIN' BANANA CULTIVARS UNDER PROTECTED CULTIVATION. GUBBUK, Hamide // Bulletin of the University of Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary;2008, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p513
Dwarf Cavendish, a commonly grown banana cultivar in Turkey. However, 'Grand Nain' is very popular cultivar under protected cultivation due to the higher yield and quality presently. The objective of this study was to compare to the banana cultivars, 'Grand Nain' and 'Dwarf Cavendish' under...
- The herb lady, part II. Alaways, Andrew R. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p71
Describes the medicinal value of plantain leaves. Cure for skin cancer; Practice of Dr. Lawrence Smith before World War II.
- Antiovulatory and Estrogenic Activity of Stem of Musa paradisiaca in Female Albino Rats. Soni, Priyanka; Siddiqui, Anees Ahmad; Dwivedi, Jaya; Soni, Vishal // Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science;Aug2013, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p102
Our aim is to evaluate the effect of petroleum ether, chloroform, acetone, ethanol and aqueous extracts of stem of Musa paradisiaca Linn (Musaceae) on the estrous cycle and to identify the estrogenic activity of most active ethanol extract in female albino rats. Plant extracts were tested for...
- In vitro Regeneration of Irvingia gabonensis by Somatic Embryogenesis. Fotso; Oumar; Nicolas, Niemenak; Néhémie, Donfagsiteli Tchinda; Denis, Omokolo Ndoumou // Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences;2008, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p726
A productive genotype of Irvingia gabonensis were cultured in vitro for induction embryogenic calli, somatic embryogenesis and regeneration of plantlets. Fragments of young leaves were used as primary explants. Callogenesis was initiated by culture of explants during 30 days on Murashige and...
- Plantains. CASS, DENNIS // Restaurant Business;02/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p87
Presents information on plantains, a member of Musa family likened to bananas. Difference between plantains and bananas; Cultivation; Growing habit.
- Baked plantains. Kavasch, E. Barrie // Faces (07491387);Mar1997, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p34
Presents information on Guatemalan cuisine and what it reflects about the city. Recipe for baked plantains which comes from Guatemala City.
- Plï¿½tanos Maduros. Perez, Morgan // Jack & Jill;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p21
A recipe for Plï¿½tanos Maduros is presented.